WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Manager - Atlanta, GA
6090 Purdue Drive
Atlanta, Georgia, 30336
The Maintenance Manager will report to the Plant Manager and will assist with the overall maintenance and reliability improvement efforts for the plant.
How you will impact WestRock:
- You will direct, maintain, and participate in and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance employees. Ensures compliance with all applicable OSHA standards.
- You will implement and manage the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- You will minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and identify opportunities for improvement by reviewing the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly
- Communicate directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas
- Utilize and maintain JDE system for tracking work orders, PM’s, monitor spare parts, and provide maintenance history of plant equipment. Track, analyze and improve key maintenance performance indicators such as asset utilization, maintenance costs, PM/WO completions, etc.
- Ensure that maintenance employees are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Coordinate Plant Equipment Reliability Committee, facilitates meetings, and monitors team progress.
- Leads Equipment Reliability team and initiatives
- Maintain and repair all plant equipment including corrugator, flexographic press, die cutters, and conveyors
- Work within the Plant Preventative and Predictive Maintenance program
- Work with Planner/Scheduler to estimate work hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Actively assist in continuous improvement activities and offers positive suggestions for improvements and innovations
- Assist in the budgeting, capital planning and financial review of plant performance
- Maintains compliance with applicable codes, regulations and company policies, procedures and work instructions.
What you'll need to succeed:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- BS – Engineering (preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of maintenance experience
- 2 years of experience as maintenance manager in heavy industry / manufacturing
- Corrugated box plant experience highly desired
- Electro-mechanical knowledge and experience required
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across departments
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Organizational support – follows policies and procedures and supports goals
- Effective computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Willing to work flexible hours as necessary
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.