WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Industrial Maintenance Technician - Atlanta, GA
6090 Purdue Drive
Atlanta, Georgia, 30336
- The ideal Industrial Maintenance Technician will have a strong commitment to working safe, good communication skills, a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, and a strong desire to succeed and advance in the company.
- You will inspect, test, repair, and maintain the electrical and mechanical systems in a safe manner within a corrugated food packaging manufacturing facility
- Focusing on our customers’ success will allow you opportunities to develop and grow your career in manufacturing
How you will impact WestRock:
- Perform skilled and semi-skilled maintenance activities depending upon area of assignment including performing basic trade activities such as electrical, plumbing and carpentry work
- Perform minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment
- Install electrical wiring and equipment; new electrical services; and replaces and repairs wiring as needed (including computer cable)
- Consult with Maintenance Manager, as needed, on electrical system issues; and, as assigned, serves in a project coordination role monitoring the activities of outside contractors
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures on mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals, etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts
- Calibrate and repair pneumatic systems and other mechanical systems on production equipment to assure optimum performance of that production process
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures
What you need to succeed:
- High School diploma or GED required
- To successfully qualify, you must complete the industrial maintenance and electrical assessment administered by NOCTI with a score satisfactory to that assessment process
- 2 years of electro-mechanic experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred, or equivalent military experience
- Ability to safely operate various manufacturing equipment
- Ability to work safely, comply with all safety rules
- Repairs electrical equipment/systems and control circuits; and replaces faulty electrical equipment as needed. This troubleshooting element is inclusive of Three Phase Motors and Programmable Logical Controls (PLC) applications
- Must have a strong working knowledge of relay logic and be capable of applying this knowledge in the troubleshooting of the PLC’s in the production equipment.
- Must have a strong understanding of NFPA 40E standards and be capable of applying these standards in the work situation
- Proficient in reading blueprints and schematics
- Familiar with test equipment i.e. meters, micrometers, calipers, etc.
- Familiar with process flows, machinery, and mechanical equipment such as pumps, engines, motors, pneumatic systems and valves, hydraulic systems and valves, conveyor systems, compressors, large rotating equipment, boilers and other continuous process equipment.
- Read and understand drawings, troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and pneumatic mechanical systems including valves, solenoids, and manual and automatic controls
- Must have a strong desire to succeed and advance in the company
- Must be self-starting/self-motivated and able to work independently
- Must have the demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and have a sense of urgency to complete tasks accurately and on time
- Good communication skills including the ability to interact with other levels of management and staff
- All candidates must be willing to work any available shift; as well as overtime
- Must pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans