WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Maintenance Mechanic Lead is part of the team that maintains the corrugator to OEM conditions to ensure production, safety and quality. The position offers excellent pay, benefits, and career opportunities for those who desire to excel.
How you will impact WestRock:
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
* Corrugated equipment maintenance experience OR related heavy industrial maintenance experience
* Familiarity and experience with mechanical maintenance on large production machines using basic knowledge in electrical-power, fuses and meters
* Awareness of OSHA standards for electrical safety
* Ability to perform basic electrical and mechanical work as necessary
* Technical understanding and skills with a focus on safety
* Demonstrated troubleshooting abilities
* Understanding of control circuits, hydraulics and pneumatics is a plus
* Ability to read and understand machine manuals, mechanical drawings and blue prints
* Knowledge of preventive maintenance on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines
* Ability to follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
* Ability to remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts
* Responsible for maintaining the work order system by opening and closing work orders. Planning and assigning work orders assuring tasks are scheduled with the right maintenance mechanic skills sets and abilities and assuring priorities are met
* Will train new employees and in-service current employees on machine maintenance programs, PM's, safety and quality of work
* Assist department supervisor with various tasks as needed technically and administratively
What you need to succeed:
* Associate's degree or higher in Industrial Maintenance, Machining, or a related field preferred OR equivalent work experience
* Demonstrated advanced training or certification in the maintenance mechanical/electrical industry OR demonstrated work experience.
* Lean manufacturing knowledge, especially 5S, preferred
* Demonstrated leadership abilities to mentor and train employees
* Demonstrated administrative abilities to assist supervisor with maintenance systems
Skills/Qualifications:Conscientious & Productive, Result & Team oriented, Corrugated Equipment Maintenance experience preferred, Technical Understanding & Skills, Focus on Safety, Power Tools, Attention to Detail and Flexibility. Successful candidate can provide direction and also work independent of direction.
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled