WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
1st Shift Maintenance Tech Lead - Albuquerque, NM
3801 University Blvd SE
Albequerque, New Mexico, 87106
The Albuquerque location is seeking a Maintenance Tech Lead who will ensure that facility has all appropriate equipment to produce product for customer. Ensure that equipment is functioning properly. Works with IT regarding computer issues and maintaining computers in facility. Works to repair and or troubleshoot all mechanical and electrical issues on all equipment. Ensure that all new and upgraded equipment is implemented in a timely manner. Maintain overall facilities maintenance.
How you will impact WestRock
· Performs Site Manager specific duties as needed.
· Orders and maintains all production equipment, supplies
· Coordinates with vendors and Lansing facility for new equipment technology proposed for MPS.
· Ensures Digital presses and other equipment are running properly and contacts maintenance if needed.
· Maintains contact with all service technicians.
· Maintains monthly chemical usage report.
· Assists in training new operators in various areas.
· Assists on maintaining production flow.
· Assists in conducting communication and safety meetings.
· Assists in waste reduction evaluation.
· Ensures that department and building are properly maintained; opens corrective work order if needed.
· Assists IT to Evaluate, repair, remove, and install computers, printers, and label printers.
· Coordinates with IT group to troubleshoot IT problems within facility.
· Maintains Kanban of replacement parts
- Works on call as required.
- Performs various types of soldering as needed.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Preferred 2 year associates degree
- Must have minimum five years’ related experience.
- Preferred knowledge of equipment, products produced, and process specifications.
- Must have intermediate personal computer skills including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
- Must be able to communicate to vendors and staff in a professional manner.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the facility operation and equipment.
- Must have strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Must understand and be able to operate pallet trucks.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.