1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Senior Counsel position is part of a team of legal specialists with a mission to deliver top-quality, strategic, and cost-conscious legal solutions to business issues. The individual will serve as a strategic partner to business clients and provide creative solutions to mitigating risk. WestRock is seeking to hire a highly-skilled legal professional that is experienced in a wide variety of complex commercial transactions and agreements (including both procurement and supply agreements). Large capital projects and M&A experience a plus.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Independently reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements with third parties and providing related advice to address, manage and mitigate identified risks.
- Providing advice and counsel on innovative and cutting-edge special projects.
- Providing practical advice and guidance to internal clients and stakeholders while ensuring compliance with the company’s legal, financial and risk management policies and procedures.
- Effectively managing workflow, including multiple projects, in a proactive and highly responsive manner.
- Coordinating with cross functional teams and legal in order to provide a comprehensive risk assessment and risk management.
- Contributing to the short and long-term courses of action that support the organization's overall vision and mission; balancing business, technical, and operational issues when determining a strategy; incorporating knowledge of WestRock’s goals/strategy as well as competitive, customer, supplier, industry, or marketplace trends into strategic plans; capitalizing on opportunities and managing risks.
- Applying knowledge necessary to frame, simplify and solve complex issues; focusing on identifying root causes to create and communicate practical solutions in a timely and decisive manner.
What you need to succeed:
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited college or university
- Bar admission in good standing in the U.S., preferably in Georgia
- Eight+ years of complex commercial transaction experience, whether in-house or with a prominent law firm
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate legal issues into identifiable and understandable business risks
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence and motivate others along with strong collaboration and project management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate effectively and gain trust and confidence with internal clients and stakeholders at many different levels (including senior executives)
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Friendly and collaborative legal department
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Safety, Innovation, Sustainability, Diversity and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Sign up to receive emails when Westrock posts open positions you might be interested in: