The Division Quality Project Manager will function as the focal point for identifying, prioritizing and resolving the key product quality problems within the containerboard mill group. This position will help tackle the largest quality issues facing individual mills, and the division as a whole, by bringing structured processes and focused teams from within the division to resolve them.
This position will be responsible for providing linkage and support to capital plans related to quality initiatives with respect to the overall containerboard mill group capital plan.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for tracking and reporting on priority quality areas and the status of resolution efforts.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Manage the process whereby priority quality issues are identified, highlighted, tracked and resolved for each mill and for the containerboard mill group as a whole. This will be accomplished through routine engagement with individual mill leadership, sales and customers.
- Provide oversight and leadership to quality issue resolution teams at each mill and/or at the containerboard group level.
- Actively participate in individual resolution efforts as a team member where appropriate.
- Use standard problem-solving techniques and team management skills to ensure that resolution efforts are focused, timely and well defined.
- Participate in mill quality audit teams
- Contribute as needed as a Quality Steering Team resource
- Support the Containerboard Mill group capital teams and mills to ensure that capital projects related to quality efforts are well identified, scoped and executed, and are synchronized with the findings of the teams working on problem resolution to ensure capital is spent correctly.
- Provide linkage and support / justification for capital requests that are linked to quality efforts.
- Manage the group’s SharePoint site devoted to Quality Issue tracking.
- Provide management reports and dashboards to track activity and provide visibility to activities.
What you need to succeed:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires a solid background in paper mill manufacturing. A minimum of 10 years’ experience in mill Technical or a manufacturing position is a requirement.
Training in Six Sigma processes would be a significant advantage for this role, as would experience in RCPE techniques. Although not a requirement, possession of a 6-sigma green belt or black belt would be an asset.
Highly organized and detail focused
Ability to lead teams effectively
Strong problem-solving skills
Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships
Computer skills including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project a plus.
Strong customer focus
Ability to work safely in a manufacturing environment
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.