WestRock, Inc., Twin Falls, ID
WestRock partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com
Through excellence in leadership, the Quality Team Leader will ensure the vitality of the WestRock Quality System policies and procedures; foster an environment of continuous improvement; guide and support forward thinking efforts in implementing Lean Six Sigma.
This position focuses on cultivating a process-based Quality culture taking a proactive approach to implementing, facilitating, coordinating and managing the Quality system. The position will have the authority to make decisions while exercising discretion and independent judgment.
How you will impact WestRock:
Facilitate development of annual Quality action plans to include goals, education, auditing, and continuous improvement activities
* Liaison with Customers and Suppliers to ensure quality expectations are clearly defined and implemented
* Provide technical expertise in the application of Total Quality Principles, processes, and tools
* Facilitate the development of Standard Operating Procedures
* Devise and implement systems/metrics for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability
* Implement statistical techniques that will advance problem solving and waste reduction efforts
* Ensure Quality System is maintained and plant(s) adhere to agency requirements
* Stewardship of Customer audits and scorecards to create a Customer/Supplier partnership focused on improving systems and processes that impact results
* Mentor others on the use of quality tools, measurement systems, and data analysis
* Develop education programs as needed to support the quality key competencies, ie. Procedures, control plans, SPC, and quality alerts
* Conduct new hire Quality Orientation classes
* Recommend tools and resources necessary to achieve plant Quality goals taking into consideration cost objectives
* Develop key process indicators (KPI's) and measure improvements
* Facilitate Quality Inspections and Quality education classes
* Ensure corporate-required reports are timely and accurate
What you need to succeed:
* Minimum of 10 years of Quality Systems Leadership experience within a high paced manufacturing industry.
* Lean/Six Sigma Blackbelt Certification
* Comprehensive understanding of ISO 9001:2008
* Comprehensive understanding of SQC, SPC, PPAP, FMEAs, 8Ds.
* Knowledgeable about electronic data management
* Professional certifications (e.g. American Society for Quality (ASQ), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) )
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled