WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Quality Manager - Tulare, CA
701 E Continential Ave
Tulare, California, 93274
- Provide strategic and technical leadership in the development, application, and consistent implementation of the WestRock Quality System
- Drive all quality initiatives and Continuous Improvement for the Tulare Food Service Packaging plant
- Act as a change agent and continuous improvement leader for improving processes throughout the plant
How you will impact WestRock:
- You will drive plant accountabilities in: tracking vendor performance, resolution and disposition of customer complaints, investigating critical quality defects on in-process and finished products, generation and analysis of quality data and reports.
- Ensure all customer feedback is promptly dealt with and complaints are acted upon by the plant using root cause analysis and implementing corrective action.
- Drive and develop systems and people to meet the highest standards; your collaborative approach and Focus on Continuous Improvement will make a real difference in our Quality Management Systems
- Build effective alliances with other plants to better serve customers that cross multiple business units
- Conduct continuous training and coaching to all plant associates (GMP/ SQF)
- Achieves desired results by diagnosing, designing, implementing, then ensuring division’s processes, practices and procedures are fully and consistently adhered within the plant by working directly with all plant personnel including sales, design, customer service, planning, manufacturing, and shipping / delivery
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; high school diploma or GED is required
- Previous experience in quality systems in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in corrugated packaging and food service packaging are highly desired
- Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification is a plus
- SQF certification understanding is highly desired
- Experience interfacing with customers to resolve quality issues and ability to communicate company quality processes
- Fully versed in analytical and statistical applications that support quality such as Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Statistical Quality Control (SQC)
- Previous ISO certification is a plus
- Experience as a trainer or presenter is desired
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.