About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Quality Engineer - San Angelo, TX
3348 Pulliam St
San Angelo, Texas, 76905
GENERAL PURPOSE: Manage and facilitate the analysis, design, and implementation of process improvements to ensure compliance to product quality specifications and quality management systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages multiple projects related to process improvements.
- Performs/conducts Process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (PFMEA), Measurement System Error Analysis (MSE), Design of Experiments (DOE), Validations.
- Identifies Critical to Quality characteristics for each production process.
- Collaborates with customers’ quality and engineering personnel to determine critical part features and review manufacturability of design.
- Makes recommendations to modify customer part specifications and tolerances as necessary to support cost effective production.
- Determines when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes.
- Reviews and analyzes results. Recommends changes to processes based upon findings and performs follow up to verify effectiveness.
- Assists in developing a long-term strategy for continuous improvement to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.
- Provides assistance with process troubleshooting and optimization analysis.
- Calculates metrics and organizes process and quality data.
- Develops process instructions and control plans.
- Utilizes appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
- Performs projects as assigned. Effectively communicates and reinforces commitment to quality improvement efforts.
- Assists as necessary with administering the Internal Audit Program and perform audits as required.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have an Associate’s degree in a related field and 2 years Quality experience, or a combination of training, experience. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a related field is preferred.
- Must have Certified Quality Engineer certificate.
- Must have the ability to read and write complex instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Must have the ability to respond to customer inquiries, complaints, regulatory agencies.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Must be comfortable with effectively presenting information to top management and public groups.
- Must have good mathematical skills, especially knowledge and skill in statistics.
- Must be competent in Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook products.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally.
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.