Quality Assurance Manager
Provides technical expertise in the application of Total Quality principles, processes, and tools to improve product and service quality and operational results. Acts as an internal consultant with management and improvement teams by interpreting data. Conducts/schedules training as required. Ensures company policies/guidelines are adhered to.
Coordinates programs to publicize, educate, train, and coach Total Quality principles and practices.
Facilitates project team and group learning sessions.
May include Statistical Process Control (SPC), Statistical Quality Control (SQC), and SQF process standards training or coordination of such training.
Communicate our expectations to suppliers.
Ensure that systems are in place to meet customer expectations. Advises the manufacturing group of specific quality issues or of trends.
Supervises the operation of spoilage analysis reports and the maintenance of quality data for individual customer orders.
Identifies, investigates and reports on critical quality defects on in-process and finished products. Evaluates seriousness of defect, determines source of quality variance and specifies steps to be taken in correcting condition or the need for sorting, reworking and scrapping of product.
Confers with and assists customer production and quality control personnel regarding clarification of new and upgraded quality standards. Resolves customer quality complaints and discusses the disposition of complaints involving marginal quality variances or potential loss of customer account.
Directs the daily assignment of employees to testing and sorting operations. Manages exempt or hourly personnel including objective development, training, performance evaluation and career development.
Develops and maintains a system to track vendor performance. Report performance of vendor to the management group. Ensure systems are in place to make certain that vendors are capable of meeting quality expectations.
Ensures / Enforces plant food safety processes and programs including SQF standards, to ensure training, documentation and guidelines are being upheld and enforced. In the absence of the Quality Manager the Plant Manager and/or Superintendent will be responsible for adherence / enforcement of these processes and programs.
What you need to succeed:
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Health/Safety or related Science is strongly preferred
• Experience in industrial manufacturing with a union work environment will be given preference
• Working knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulations and industry requirements
• Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
• Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
• Effective at managing multiple priorities
• Team building and influencing skills
• Possess a sense of urgency and self-motivation
• Ability to work independently
• May travel occasionally (<10%)
WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the
marketplace. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business
locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating
and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.