WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Quality Manager - Monroe, LA
2929 Louisville Ave
Monroe, Louisiana, 71201
Quality Manager (No Direct Reports)
The position exists to lead the QA Department in supporting and assuring success in understanding, implementing, and enforcement of Customer, Regulatory, & WRK MONROE processes and procedures. The QA Manager role includes leading and building a highly functional QA team; developing Auditors for growth, that can work independently to assure smooth and efficient operations of the department
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Build mutually beneficial relationships for continual improvement with key stakeholders.
Hire, orient, train, support, and build a team of QA Auditors.
- Develop leaders to ensure uninterrupted functioning of the QA in all circumstances and to
prepare for future growth.
- Monitor and document compliance with current policies, procedures, regulatory and customer requirements. Includes review and approval of corporate SOP’s for site implementation.
- Coordinate and/or participate in investigation of detected risks or failures, complaints and corrective/preventive actions.
- Coordinate and participate in internal, self-improvement, customer, and regulatory audits.
- Develop individual leadership and management skills and abilities.
Determining, documenting, and/or approval of site specific or one time occurrences such as: protocols (reworks, validations, etc.) deviations (planned or unplanned), waivers or releases for materials and products, etc. as required.
- Training of facility personnel: Conduct and help implement training for personnel and
- Perform and review employee performance.
- Maintain compliance with all safety rules/regulations in order to ensure a safe
- Implement, maintain, and educate employees on the importance of compliance with all
security requirements to ensure: security of customer and WRK MONROE
properties, theft prevention, and a secure working environment.
- Along with site GM, responsibility for proper implementation and maintenance (including
effectiveness) of WRK MONROE & WestRock Company policies and procedures; and overall quality performance of the assigned facility.
- Travel as required to participate in audits, team meetings, customer meetings, vendor evaluations, etc
Experience with and working knowledge of quality systems and tools; regulatory
requirements (ISO, Six Sigma, GMPs, SQF, YUM).
Must have good communication and leadership skills.
Computer skills, including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, presentation skills.
Practical knowledge of production equipment or converting, pest control, etc. will
facilitate quick error correction on line and/or accurate.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or GED.
Related college degree and/or appropriate technical courses or Associate’s (A.A.) degree
Minimum 3years experience in related field (TQM, SPC, ISO 9000)
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.