Quality Assurance Manager - Edwardsville, IL
3101 Westway Dr
Edwardsville, Illinois, 62025
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Quality Assurance Supervisor – Edwardsville, IL
The position exists to lead the QA Department in supporting and assuring success in understanding, implementing, and enforcement of Customer, Regulatory, & WRMD processes and procedures. The QA Manager role includes leading and building a highly functional QA team; developing Auditors for growth, that can work independently to assure smooth and efficient operations of the department.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Build mutually beneficial relationships for continual improvement with key stakeholders
· Hire, orient, train, support, and build a team of QA Auditors.
· Develop leaders to ensure uninterrupted functioning of the QA in all circumstances and to prepare for future growth.
· Monitor and document compliance with current policies, procedures, regulatory and customer
requirements. Includes review and approval of corporate SOP’s for site implementation.
· Coordinate and/or participate in investigation of detected risks or failures, complaints and corrective/preventive actions.
· Coordinate and participate in internal, self improvement, customer, and regulatory audits.
· Develop individual leadership and management skills and abilities
· Determining, documenting, and/or approval of site specific or one time occurrences such as: protocols
(reworks, validations, etc.) deviations (planned or unplanned), waivers or releases for materials and products, etc. as required
· Training of facility personnel: Conduct and help implement training for personnel and facility
· Perform and review employee performance.
· Maintain compliance with all safety rules/regulations in order to ensure a safe working environment.
· Implement, maintain, and educate employees on the importance of compliance with all security
requirements to ensure: security of customer and WRMD properties, theft prevention, and a secure working environment.
· Along with site GM, responsibility for proper implementation and maintenance (including
effectiveness) of WRMD & WestRock Company policies and procedures; and overall quality performance of the assigned facility.
· Travel as required to participate in audits, team meetings, customer meetings, vendor
What you need to succeed:
· High School Diploma or GED with 3-5 years minimum Quality Experience in either packaging or manufacturing environment
· 2+ years leadership experience ; Strong leadership skills
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
· Experience leading quality training
· Good presentation skills
· Knowledge of and basic computer skills including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Experience with and working knowledge of quality systems and tools; regulatory requirements (ISO, Six Sigma, GMP’s, DEA, FDA).
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans