About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Quality Assurance Inspector - Dallas, TX
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
Support, promote, and maintain the Quality System. Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the system and the overall product quality.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK:
- Audits quality systems, processes, and products.
- Conducts final inspections and batch/ticket reviews as required.
- Determines and communicates acceptability of product and action for handling nonconforming product.
- Responds to operators’ questions about the Quality System.
- Interacts with managers, supervisors, and customers and leads in writing, over the phone, and in person
- Promotes a positive quality culture.
- Defines levels of acceptance for quality defects using samples, drawings, and/or definitions.
- Performs outside service approvals as needed.
Facilitates root-cause analysis of internal nonconformance and customer service issues, follows-up, and records corrective actions.
Provides training of Quality Systems as required.
Leads internal audits, including planning, scheduling, conducting, and reporting of internal audit results as needed.
Clarifies and simplifies existing Quality System documentation.
Attends customer and safety meetings and participates in customer audits and safety activities.
Presents data to all levels of the organization.
Assists in project management responsibilities.
Orders supplies for quality area.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have six months to one year of experience with training in a quality system (TQM, Six Sigma, ISO).
- Must have intermediate computer skills including email, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
- Must be able to set up and operate lab testing equipment- spectrodensitometer, Thwing Albert- Score bend/ Open force tester, Trans Tester, environmental chamber, COF tester, Gardner Impact and a pallet jack.
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must be able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies
- or members of the business community.
- Must have a general understanding/knowledge of machinery, tools, and gages for auditing, troubleshooting, and calibration.
- Must understand different types of equipment and their function as to our business and the materials used to make the product sold.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals and safety rules.
- Must be able to write routine reports and business correspondences.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively by telephone and provide information/assistance to
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation
WHAT WE OFFER:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Opportunities available on 2nd and 3rd shifts.