Quality Manager/Continuous Improvement Leader – Atlanta, GA Food Service Packaging
We are seeking a Continuous Improvement Leader/Quality Manager at our Atlanta, GA Food Service Packaging corrugated packaging plant. The Continuous improvement Leader/Quality Manager will be responsible to lead teams and execute projects having a significant impact on our business creating an environment of accountability and efficiency. The plant has 4 shifts running 24/7 (2 day and 2 nights) with 110+ employees. We are looking for a high performing manager who interacts well with both employees and customers. The plant produces mostly pizza boxes, and clamshells. We are looking for a leader who can further develop a culture of high engagement and performance, while achieving the full potential of the operation.
Candidates with Black Belt, Lean Six Sigma and/or Plant Management experience in the corrugator and corrugated converting arena are encouraged to apply.
How you will impact WestRock:
Our ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills and experience managing in corrugator and converting operations. Strong experience in manufacturing process is critical. Must be detail oriented.
- Utilize the Lean-Six Sigma Methodology to improve business processes
- Work effectively with operations to translate process into budgets
- Establish working relationship and consistent communication with plant management team and other Quality Managers within Region
- Build effective alliances with other Business Units to better serve customers that cross multiple business units
- Committed to meeting current and future expectations and requirements of customers, and resolving customer issues that arise
- Working closely with Customer Service and Logistics in meeting overall service objectives
- Ensure production successfully meets customer requirements at lowest total cost and ensure effective delivery of services to internal and external customers with lowest total cost fulfillment
- Ensure goal of exceeding regional safety, productivity, labor, waste, and quality measures is being met
- Monitor and report results against established key performance indicators including clear weekly reporting metrics
The individual will provide leadership and guidance to all plant level Quality Teams with respect to process improvements, team development, and problem-solving techniques.
Will conduct continuous training to all plant associates in addition to providing coaching and assistance in all plant training (GMP/SQF) whenever necessary.
Ultimately the individual is responsible for achieving full compliance with all customers, local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
To drive reduction in each plant's R&A's that impact the areas direct profit loss while improving Customer Satisfaction in areas of quality, service and on time delivery.
Educate and train plant employees on the Container Division Quality Initiative.
Facilitate the establishment of expectations and accountability for all employees as it relates to quality.
Ensures Quality Action plans are in place with GAP closing plans to continuously drive process improvements.
- Directly responsible for providing leadership, mentoring, coaching and direction to all employees, including establishing goals and being accountable for achieving those goals.
Utilize Gap Plans and action items to implement processes or procedures where necessary.
Act as a change agent for improving processes throughout the area in every plant.
Responsible for the Customer Issue System (CIS) for the Facility.
What you need to succeed:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred, Minimum 5 years of related professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Decision Making Abilities:
Make appropriate decisions to satisfy customer needs, take appropriate steps to implement decisions.
Vision & Strategy:
Creates and delivers a vision of the future to maximize company performance. Communicates strategy/vision in a way that is sharable/inspires others. Effectively translates the business vision and broad strategies into concrete or actionable strategic plans
Ability to operate with the customer's best interest in mind.
Planning and Organizing:
Establishing a course of action for self or others to accomplish a specific goal; planning proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources.
Facilitate the development of others’ knowledge and skills; provide timely support, feedback, and guidance to help them reach goals.
Work effectively with others in support of area, region and company initiatives and goals; cooperate and demonstrate positive attitude toward others.
Ethics & Integrity:
Behaves in accordance with WestRock values and operating principles at all times and rewards the same behavior in others. Takes action based upon the best interest of the Company rather than how it affects him/her personally. Builds trust with the plant management
Adaptability to Change:
Respond quickly to changing demands, processes, and updated information.
Communicate routinely with Area President and Area leadership team and complete written reports as required on a timely basis.
Bring improvement ideas to customers and WestRock plants and packaging design ideas to Corporate, develop and present innovative ideas and solutions.
Takes action, initiate projects in pursuit of greater profitability, anticipate potential problems and address them early.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.