About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Beverage Design Co-op, Spring 2019 – Richmond, VA
501 South 5th St
Richmond, Virginia, 23219-0501
Packaging matters. As one of the top 5 packaging companies in the world, we believe in capturing moments - both big and small - and influencing how packaging plays a role in people’s lives. You may not realize it, but odds are that you touch at least five packaged products that WestRock makes, every day. We guarantee that no trip to the supermarket will ever be the same.
Working with our team of Packaging Designers, we will look to you to influence change in the beverage retail packaging space. We will challenge you to think outside of the soda box, so awesome problem-solving abilities are greatly appreciated. We’re a customer facing group and dedicated to our clients; it is critical for you to be able to understand and strategically tailor designs to each brand. More than likely, you will work on designs that will go to market.
Our culture embraces diversity and rewards imagination, seeking achievers, leaders and independent thinkers. Our team spans globally, working collaboratively as a part of a cross functional group. At WestRock, you will not only be transforming yourself as a packaging designer, but you will also gain real world experience.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Come in ready to inspire, be motivated, problem solve and support the design team.
· Support customer needs through prototyping, mock-ups, and sample production.
· Work independently at the direction of project leads.
· Ask questions and communicate ideas – contribute.
· Present yourself professionally.
· Manage your time effectively.
· Stay organized and systematically document project developments.
What you need to succeed:
· Pursuing a degree in Industrial Design or Packaging Engineering
· Stellar portfolio with a motivated spirit and excellent critical thinking
· Knowledge of CAD based programs (ArtiosCAD would be ideal)
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
· Proficient in SolidWorks and Keyshot
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
· Perform package testing (capable of lifting 30lbs).
For more information on WestRock Beverage Design, please go to www.westrock.com/en/markets/beverage.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.