About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Communications Co-op Fall 2018- Covington, VA
104 East Riverside St
Covington, Virginia, 24426-1238
We are seeking a motivated, self-starting communication intern to assist with a
wide range of communication projects at our Covington, VA manufacturing
facility. This is a full time, paid co-op/intern position and housing is
How you will impact WestRock:
- Updating and improving current publications for employees
- Supporting outreach programs and mill tours
- Planning special events
- Developing/ updating handouts for visitors
- Writing articles for weekly mill newsletter
- Working with the Communications Manager and Communications Analyst to develop a broad range of internal communication pieces
- These projects will provide you with valuable hand-on experience in the
communication field that will complement current course work
What you need to succeed:
- Junior or senior level college student or in pursuit of Bachelor's degree in Communications or English preferred. Graphic Design, Marketing, and Journalism majors will be considered.
- Word processing, spreadsheet, photo and video editing and lay-out experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, and inter-personal skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to take direction and perform independently.
- Would help if you have Adobe PhotoShop, InDesign, and Premier experience / knowledge