WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Sr. Security Engineer - Norcross, GA
3169 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Jefferson Plaza
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
Our Technology organization is transforming how we work at WestRock. We align with our businesses to deliver innovative solutions that:
- address specific business challenges, integrate processes, and create great experiences
- connect our work to shared goals that propel Westrock forward in the Digital Age
- imagine how technology can advance the way we work by using disruptive technology
We are looking for forward thinking technologists that can accelerate our focus areas such as building stronger foundational technology capabilities, reducing complexity, employing digital transformation concepts, and leveraging disruptive technology.
- The Sr. Security Engineer serves as the subject matter expert supporting multiple disciplines of
information security, including solutions design and implementation.
- Handles development of standards/procedures in compliance with policies, federal regulations and security best practices.
- Manages the secure operation of the company’s computer systems, firewalls, servers and network connections.
- Provides security solutions to internal customer and constituents.
- Partners with project teams to ensure that security is designed in to all technology initiatives.
- Recognizes areas of improvement within the environment and balances those initiatives with organizational goals.
How will you impact WestRock:
- Acquire a complete understanding of WestRock technology and information systems.
- Research, plan and design robust security architectures for all required IT project.
- Define, implement and maintain corporate security policies and procedures.
- Research security standards, security systems and authentication protocols.
- Build relationships and collaborate with other architects across IT to ensure all visions are aligned.
- Provide technical supervision for WestRock security engineering team.
- Works with internal customers to interpret/clarify/implement change requests on security devices; primarily firewalls, IDS/IPS and WAF and Web Filtering systems.
- Troubleshoots security related issues: firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, Proxy, segmented network infrastructure, multiple security zones, etc.
- Manage perimeter security systems such as Access Control and intrusion detection systems.
- Maintains good working knowledge of VPN technologies and security protocols such as IPsec, ISAKMP, SSL, PKI, RADIUS, TACACS, EAP, LDAP etc.
- Designs and implements FirePower, ASA, FireEye, Palo Alto, Nessus, McAfee Security solution etc.
- Works with internal teams to determine WAF requirements; implements and troubleshoots policies.
- Works with BGP, OSPF routing protocols, Cisco Catalyst Switches, Cisco Routers and Cisco ACI.
- Works with F5 Big-IP, F5 Virtual Edition (VE) and Load Balancers.
What you need to succeed:
- 5-10 years of relevant IT experience, including exposure to business planning, systems analysis and application development. 3-5 years of experience focused on security.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field of study, including any of the following but not limited to: Information Systems, Network Engineering or Information Security.
- Security certifications are desired, such as: Security +, Network +, CISSP, CCNA Security, CCIE, MCSE, MCITP, SANS GICSP, CISM, FireEye Certifications.
- Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems.
- Perimeter security controls – firewall, IDS/IPS, network access control and network segmentation
- Routers, switches, VLAN and Wi-Fi security.
- Practices and methods of IT strategy enterprise and security architecture.
- Network security architecture development and definition.
- Knowledge of third-party auditing and cloud risk assessment methodologies.
- Must be a self-starter and capable of working with minimal direction.
- Strategic thinker with strong communication skills.
- Works on a shared ticket queue and in an on-call rotation.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.