About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Sr. Data Engineer - Norcross, GA
3169 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Jefferson Plaza
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
This role will have an emphasis on Data Engineering practices and will be part of a center of excellence team leading the evaluation and implementation data engineering technology, tools, and frameworks leveraging the Integration platform and cloud services supporting our Integrations investments. The efforts will help drive the strategic vision for EAI and B2B integrations within WestRock.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Establish best practices in Integration technologies and developing self-servicing tools
- Lead a technical team of data engineers delivering a wide array of EAI and B2B solutions that use cutting edge technologies
- Guide the organization in efficient data and resource management best practices with cloud based integration services
What you need to succeed:
- At least 6 years of general software and data engineering experience
- At least 4 years of experience building and maintaining Integration platforms and services
- Hands - on experience in the following domains
Enterprise Architecture Frameworks
Processes, methodologies, standards, products and frameworks applicable to support enterprise wide Integrations.
Business, systems and applications analysis and defining requirements for applications supported by WEBMETHODS (Services/BPMS/CAF/Terracotta in Memory Caching).
Security concepts such as OAuth, SSO, and Attribute Based Access Control and Master Data Management concepts in supply chain management.
User interface and user experience technologies including mobile-first architectures.
Developing and supporting complex interfaces between internal business systems using various adapters, file based mechanisms, batch and real-time processing.
Developing and supporting complex interfaces between internal business systems and external partners.
Technologies and ecosystem supporting B2B integrations, with good understanding of tools, applications and frameworks in a typical supply chain management system that includes document exchange, interacting with third party service providers, customer related web interfaces and self-service tools.
Analysis and Reporting
Experience providing solutions that provide insights into the transaction processing through analysis and reporting with hands on experience with Trading Networks
good understanding of reporting requirements for various business needs and costs allocation.
- Operational experience with RDBMS (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc.) data stores
- Experience in Java programming language
- Strong software engineering skills including full agile software development lifecycle including design, implementation, unit testing techniques and able to participate in peer review
- Ability to identify problem root cause quickly and provide solutions with pros and cons
Communicate effectively with product owner, project manager, and team members to ensure commitments, dates and expectations are delivered
Must be a self-starter with good interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing project requirements
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or similar
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are
business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.