About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
ServiceNow IT Manager - Norcross, GA
504 Thrasher St, Norcross
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
- As Manager of ServiceNow Application team at WestRock, you will be responsible for all aspects of the Service Management platform (ServiceNow).
- You will be the primary Subject Matter Expert for the ServiceNow platform, ensuring that it is reliable and is being leveraged to its fullest potential.
- You will manage the team that supports the ServiceNow infrastructure, creates and modifies features within the ServiceNow suite, assists with troubleshooting technical issues, contributes in ServiceNow training efforts, and creates site content.
- As leader of the ServiceNow team, this person is primarily responsible for working with the Global ITSM organization and technology teams to:
- Develop strategy, design plans, direct and coordinate the design, installation and support of all technology and infrastructure supporting the ServiceNow platform.
- Prioritize work in alignment with business priorities and IT strategy.
- Lead and direct the activities of a team of ServiceNow Administrators and Developers
- Act as a liaison in conjunction with the Director, IT Support between the business and agreed IT functions for the successful delivery of service and change
How you will impact WestRock:
- Champion the ServiceNow technical team in the selection and implementation of appropriate technologies to support a global ERP platform.
- Optimize the ServiceNow system architecture to ensure high availability for the ongoing business operations.
- Support the ServiceNow application team in the enhancement and maintenance of the system.
- Proactively lead thru organization, business, and processing changes to ensure the ServiceNow platform can support the requirements of the system stakeholders.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree - Computer Science, Information Technology or related field; specialized training; or equivalent professional experience.
- Master’s degree - preferred.
- 10+ years of experience with business analysis, IT operations and process analysis and design.
- Hands-on experience with ServiceNow implementation of components such as Service Portal, Service Catalog, Incident, Request, Knowledge, Configuration, Change, Discovery, Performance Analytics and CMDB.
- Strong understanding of ITSM processes based on ITIL v3, as well as SCRUM and Agile.
- Experience with IT process management/re-engineering initiatives.
- Leads systems operations and planning:
- Prioritizes team activities on a proactive basis.
- Uses knowledge of current and new technologies to provide vision for the short-term and long-term road map for the ServiceNow technical platform.
- Assess, approve and manage software upgrades.
- Delivers technology leadership:
- Researches, tests and makes recommendations on tools releases, web/batch tier configurations, software deployment, performance and process improvements.
- Leads major upgrades and installation projects relating to the ServiceNow platform.
- Collaborates with project teams to design and implement highly complex initiatives.
- Acts as consultant and facilitator to provide technical expertise for customer assistance and critical investigations.
- Leads and develops others:
- Manages resources and people processes (e.g., performance review, career development, training, staffing, etc.) to ensure the day-to-day administration of processes and formal procedures.
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, conferences, projects, etc.) to facilitate individual and team development.
- Holds staff accountable to established performance levels for achieving individual and group goals.
- Identifies opportunities to involve others in new and challenging work assignments that advance the skills and capabilities of individuals, teams and the organization.
- Builds and maintains business relationships:
- Promotes a broad technology agenda and builds trusted advisor internal relationships to help the business analyze alternatives and together form leading edge solutions.
- Coordinates and facilitates communications with ServiceNow community stakeholders for new and existing technology implementations.
- Establishes and maintains a service-oriented, internal client-focused IT function to supports ongoing operations that drive efficiency, quality, service and growth.
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities coupled with business acumen needed to proactively solve problems facing the organization.
- Driven self-starter with ability to work independently on a project of varying complexity.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.