About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Security Architect - Norcross, GA
3169 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Jefferson Plaza
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
- The Security Architect serves as the subject matter expert supporting multiple disciplines of information security, including security architecture, solutions design and implementation.
- Handles development of standards/procedures in compliance with policies and federal regulation and
security best practices.
- Manages the secure operation of the company’s computer systems, firewalls, servers and network connections.
- Provides security solutions to internal customer and constituents.
- Partners with project teams to ensure that security is designed in to all technology initiatives.
- Recognizes areas of improvement within the environment and balances those initiatives with organizational goals.
How will you impact WestRock:
- Acquire a complete understanding of WestRock technology and information systems.
- Research, plan and design robust security architectures for any IT project.
- Define, implement and maintain corporate security policies and procedures.
- Research security standards, security systems and authentication protocols.
- Build relationships and collaborate with other architects across IT to ensure all visions are aligned.
- Provide technical supervision for WestRock security engineering team.
- Conduct and attend project meetings to provide security and governance input throughout project lifecycles.
- Develop security requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls and related network devices.
- Design public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures.
- Prepare cost estimates and identify integration issues.
- Review and approve installation of firewall, VPN, routers, IDS, scanning technologies and servers.
- Test final security structures to ensure they behave as expected.
- Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments.
- Oversee security awareness programs and educational efforts.
- Respond immediately to security-related incidents and provide a thorough post-event analysis.
What you need to succeed:
- 5-10 years of relevant IT experience, including exposure to business planning, systems analysis and application development. 5 years of experience focused on security.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field of study, including any of the following but not limited to: Information Systems, Network Engineering or Information Security.
- Security certifications are desired, such as: CISSP, SSCP, CCNA Security, CCIE, MCSE, MCITP, SANS GSEC, CISM, FireEye Certifications.
- Risk assessment procedures, policy formation, role-based authorization methodologies, authentication technologies and security attack pathologies.
- Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems.
- Perimeter security controls – firewall, IDS/IPS, network access control and network segmentation.
- Routers, switches and VLAN security; wireless security.
- Security concepts related to DNS, routing, authentication, VPN, proxy services and DDOS mitigation technologies.
- Practices and methods of IT strategy, enterprise architecture and security architecture.
- Network security architecture development and definition.
- Knowledge of third-party auditing and cloud risk assessment methodologies.
- Must be a self-starter, capable of working with minimal direction.
- Malware reverse engineering skills a plus.
- Strategic thinker with strong communication skills.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.