Our technology organization is transforming how we work at WestRock. We align with our businesses to deliver innovative solutions that:
- Address specific business challenges, integrate processes, and create great experiences
- Connect our work to shared goals that propel WestRock forward in the Digital Age
- Imagine how technology can advance the way we work by using disruptive technology
We are looking for forward thinking technologists that can accelerate our focus areas such as building stronger foundational technology capabilities, reducing complexity, employing digital transformation concepts, and leveraging disruptive technology.
WestRock is seeking a Manager, IT Service Operations to join a dynamic and exciting group within the IT Service Strategy and Operations organization. This person will lead our Service Operations and Desk support internally for WestRock employees and contractors globally.
Combining ITIL/IT Service Management (ITSM) and direct leadership of the service desk daily operations, the Manager, IT Service Operations oversees a team of internal Service Operations Analysts and/or Desk agents as well as oversite of our externally sourced global service desk provider. The main objective for this group is to provide front line IT services & support for the company to ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded. This position focuses on monitoring, analyzing, and improving the overall quality of technical and customer service delivery to end users. The position works with the Service Desks, Service Strategy, Field Services, as well as all other IT support teams to develop, promote, and ensure excellent service delivery. This position requires 24/7 on-call availability for escalations, outages, etc. This position also has direct reports that are scheduled 24/7.
This role will also help define and improve processes and identify opportunities for gaining efficiencies in services and solutions leading to materially improving IT operational efficiency, improving quality, maximizing capacity, and reducing operational waste.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Oversee 100% of the monitoring of incidents, requests, and problems. Manage and coordinate urgent and complicated support issues. Act as escalation point for all incidents and requests. Develop and mature phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization. Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Perform Front Line IT support to the business, leading by example; coach and mentor best practices that improves responsiveness; oversee Service Desk technology deployment, installation, configuration tasks activities. Monitor and manage phone, chat, and incident queues (participating in escalated calls as needed). Enforce policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels and quick resolutions.
- Train, coach, inspire, and lead Service Operations Analysts and Desk agents including their career development. Manage the Service Operations Analysts and Desk agents, including schedules, conduct performance reviews, and administer performance improvement plans.
- Manage and improve WestRock’s IT Service Management processes (ITSM), procedures, and methodologies based upon ITIL principles and Global ITSM standards.
- Develop, provide, and oversee compliance of Service Desk training and processes, making improvements where necessary. Ensure process documentation including procedures, knowledge articles, process flows, policies and training materials are up to date and reflect current state as well as develop new content for new areas stemming from process improvement initiatives.
- Provide data analysis and audits to understand service tickets, data integrity and quality, reporting, and how best to support customers for improving quality, productivity, and customer service. Perform trend analysis and develop action plans for improving service timeliness and reducing costs. Report on KPI’s, SLA’s, and trends.
- Oversee Knowledge Base repository and ensure top quality solutions are available to the staff. Set expectations and measure performance. Develop an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT support in the organization. Advise management on situations that may require additional support or escalation.
- Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization. Manage vendor partner relationships regarding daily operational needs. Review survey feedback to improve services, tools, and support experience.
- Help develop and leverage service operations and desk best practices, ITIL Service Management framework, and problem management to drive a continual process improvement culture. This possibly includes leveraging Lean Six Sigma and Agile practices.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science field or related degree (Required)
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in Service Desk Operations
- 3+ years of experience with ServiceNow or ticketing system equivalent
- Computer literacy skills, especially an understanding of Excel, Microsoft Office365, PowerPoint, SharePoint, MS Teams
- ServiceNow or enterprise-level IT Service ticket management system experience preferred
- License/Certifications (Preferred): ITIL certification, CompTIA Cloud+, CompTIA A+
- Act as a subject matter expert and perform standard Tier 1 IT computer support efficiently and effectively
- Strong command of IT Service Management methodologies and demonstrated experience in creating processes that incorporate those guidelines
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously with competing deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to educate others in how hardware and application features and functionality are designed and used
- Flexibility to work different shifts and have on-call availability as needed and scheduled
- ITIL V3/4 Foundations certification is preferred, ITIL V3/4 Expert certification is a plus
- Experience with other technologies that aid in troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Experience working with dynamic Agent Workspace technologies and applications as well as Chatbot integrations with Live Agent Transfer features.
- Organized with good time-management skills
- Technical and business analysis skills
- Experience with enterprise hardware and software implementation, application development and hosting, networking concepts, network security, or datacenter infrastructure and operations
- Manufacturing industry knowledge and experience is preferred
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.