WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
ePMO Sr. Manager, Program Operations - Norcross, GA
3169 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Jefferson Plaza
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
- The Senior Manager provides management, leadership and oversight for the development of a robust and agile governance, operational excellence and delivery assurance within the ePMO.
- Establish the ePMO service delivery and operating models from project identification and prioritization to project implementation and value realization.
- Establish a transformational culture that understands and supports a “value realization” mindset.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Develop, implement and continuously improve the structure, processes and policies to govern the ePMO portfolio of projects.
- Facilitate QBRs/PMRs to review project/program progress, obtain strategic guidance and ensure alignment within the portfolio as well as integration with organizational strategic objectives.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure optimal preparations for review sessions and effective implementation of key governance decisions.
- Proactively identify, manage and escalate risks across projects, work streams and programs.
- Build and sustain relationships with senior leadership and ePMO stakeholders and acts as a trusted expert.
- Develop, train and implement the operating, communication, tools and change management frameworks.
- Operating: Design the standardized methodologies, processes, KPIs and controls for managing projects and programs.
- Communication: Create communication strategy, approach and plan, including, but not limited to content guidelines and delivery cadence.
- Tools: Establish tools and templates necessary to successfully execute current projects and support ongoing operations.
- Change Management: Define approach for managing change across the enterprise in coordination with the delivery of technology projects.
- Lead resource management and administer processes to manage work assignments, resource utilization and resource forecasting.
- Own and drive complex internal projects, programs and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Oversee project managers’ delivery quality by conducting “deep dives” of projects and programs to ensure timely execution within scope and on budget.
- Establish culture that nurtures project management resources and shares relevant knowledge of best practices.
- Manage (a) high-risk, highly visible projects of large scope and high complexity, (b) multiple programs or (c) a portfolio with organization-wide impact; directs and controls the activities of cross-functional project teams.
- Ingrain strong PM rigor across the enterprise and can give expert advice and lead others to execute or perform.
- Coordinate with overall IT PMO and Transformation leadership when chartering new projects and plan/manage/deliver the project portfolio against the overall IT strategy.
- Practice self-leadership and promote learning in others by building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; communicate information and providing advice to drive projects forward; influence team members within assigned unit; listen and respond to, seek and address performance feedback; adapt to competing demands and new responsibilities; provide feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring junior team members; create and execute plans to capitalize on strengths and improve opportunity areas; and adapt to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Oversee project activities related to organizational change management (e.g., development and execution of user adoption, implementation, and training plans) as defined by the project.
- Interface with key IT organizations and external vendors to prepare project requirements, planning and provisioning activities, implementation and closure of project initiatives.
- Exercise wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments and develop methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Can interact with executives and/or major business leaders by engaging in critical situations, milestones or influencing and persuading other senior level managers.
- Allocate project management resources and influence the allocation of non-project management resources.
- Called in as an expert in high visibility internal and/or external stakeholder situations.
- Work with the senior leadership team to identified programs for the portfolio which are aligned to the company's overall vision, strategic priorities and goals.
What you need to succeed:
- High PM IQ with the ability to drive strategic vision.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple large-scale, high-risk projects across a portfolio.
- Strong facilitation skills; ability to communicate effectively with the business to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Executive leadership and stakeholder communication.
- Understanding of various technologies including applications and databases.
- Proven ability to mentor and coach Project Managers.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline/equivalent).
- Project Management Certification (PMP).
- Preferred: MBA or related advanced degree.
- Preferred: Program Management Professional (PgMP).
- Expert knowledge of project, program and portfolio management or building system solutions and/or business applications.
- Expert knowledge of SDLC, Agile, CMMI, PMBOK, Six Sigma or other commonly accepted project management processes and methodologies.
- Expert knowledge of and ability to build tools available to track project deliverables.
- Expert knowledge of document management best practices (e.g., planning for how documentation will be managed, stored, archived), with ability to suggest improvements.
- Proficient knowledge of IT terms (for specific IT functional area supporting).
- Expert knowledge of risk and stakeholder management.
- Expert knowledge of project, program and portfolio budget tracking.
- Expert knowledge of project, program and portfolio coordination within a shared services organization (e.g., how to identify dependencies, risks).
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suites of products, (Visio, Teams, OneNote, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of project planning tools (MS Project, ServiceNow, Jira, etc.).
- Expert knowledge with portfolio/program management software.
- 10+ years of experience in a project management role with a strong background in team development, delivery and process improvement.
- 4+ years of experience implementing large, complex projects in a corporate environment.
- 4+ years of experience leading project teams.
- 7+ years of experience managing project budgets.
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to mentor/coach team in senior or lead capacity.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management in a technical and business capacity.
- Ability to influence internal and external key stakeholders and build consensus across impacted areas.
- Experience creating detailed delivery schedules and roll-out plans; scheduling moderately complex budgets and tracking actuals against budget.
- Proven success delivering projects in Agile, Waterfall or SDLC environments.
- Experience with working multiple workstreams and leading high-performance teams while working under pressure.
- Preferred: 3 years of experience working on projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-functional technology and/or shared service.
- Preferred: Process improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, CMMI etc.).
- Preferred: Experience in developing executive leadership presentations and talking points.
- Preferred: Consulting or manufacturing experience.
- Preferred: Demonstrated success leading operations.
- Preferred: Detailed oriented and ability to close on open items quickly.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.