About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
ePMO Associate Project Manager - Norcross, GA
3169 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Jefferson Plaza
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
- Leads, plans and administers the operational and tactical activities of IT and Business project teams, which are assigned to a related set of medium complexity projects, following the processes of the Enterprise Program Management Office (ePMO).
- Project management may include any or all aspects of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, closing and managing a project using many different development methods (Agile, Waterfall, Spiral, etc.) following the processes of the Enterprise Program Management Office (ePMO).
- Forms a collaborative relationship with the project stakeholders, partnering to resolve project related issues, providing project status updates and escalating issues and concerns appropriately.
- Projects will support one or more of our IT imperatives of complexity reduction, digital transformation enablement, or technology disruption.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Strong facilitation skills; communicates effectively with the stakeholder to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Manages issues, risks and changes using appropriate and agreed upon processes and tools established within the ePMO.
- Develops and implements detailed project plans.
- Accountable for closing open issues.
- Responsible for overall project management, including cost, schedule and technical performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Facilitates escalation as needed to ePMO.
- Continuously analyzes project risk, develops mitigation strategies and drives resolution of issues.
- Prepares and delivers project status reports.
- Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones and required tasks.
- Demonstrate innovation and leadership in:
- Project management
- Risk and opportunity management
- Risk mitigation plans
- Project charter development
- Project schedules and plan dvelopment
- Solution development; bringing the right team together and asking the right questions
- Prioritizing and gathering information
- Application of policy and procedures
- Demonstrate competency in:
- Project delivery
- Technology and innovation
- Works in a professional office setting requiring a minimum of 10% travel.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline/equivalent).
- Preferred: Project Management Professional Certification (PMP).
- Preferred: MBA or related advanced degree.
- Agile experience or certification a plus.
- Manufacturing experience a plus.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.