About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
IT Business Analyst - Norcross, GA
- The IT Business Analyst will be responsible for defining and driving business requirements for the Enterprise Fiber Solutions group.
- This position will serve as a customer proxy and work collaboratively with Product Management and others to create, groom and prioritize backlogs so that the solutions effectively addresses priorities and dependencies, while maintaining conceptual and technical integrity of the features.
- This role serves as a voice on software releases with responsibility for the design, usability, quality and delivery of a product or feature.
- You will be part of a dynamic team that will enable the company to meet its aggressive growth objectives.
- This position operates with moderate supervision.
- Key business stakeholders will be in finance (corporate accounting, controller, financial planning), corporate quality, legal and fiber leadership.
- Key IT stakeholders, in addition to the leadership team, will be in Enterprise Solutions and Technology Development (DevOps).
How you will impact WestRock:
- Work with internal customers to fully understand and conceptualize product feature and work-flows related to those features.
- Develop and elaborate themes, initiatives and features into user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in an iteration of work.
- Prioritize and sequence the backlog according to business value in collaboration with other team members.
- Develop an effective and well-groomed backlog with clear acceptance criteria.
- Align to key project milestones, status and barriers back to project stakeholders and involve them in sprint reviews and other Scrum team meetings where appropriate.
- Ensure the solution meets the business objectives.
- Create and manage the release plan.
- Actively participate in any daily scrums, sprint planning meetings, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Create and/or train business users to create and maintain IDS documentation.
- Work with Agile teams and product owners to accept or reject work throughout the sprint.
- Clearly define and communicate success criteria to promote a shared vision and actively manage to expected outcomes.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and ownership of project-impacting issues.
- Operate with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Drive consensus between teams.
- Ability to focus on business value results, rather than solutions - technical aptitude, scope management and the ability to assess and articulate risk variables.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 1–3 years of professional work experience, which could include internships in either financial, manufacturing or corporate business activities.
- Business Analyst experience in the paper industry is desirable.
- Knowledge of procurement, inventory management, logistics execution and financial records to report and material quality evaluation.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment is desirable.
- Strong writing/editing skills to translate ideas into actionable requirements.
- Excellent facilitation, problem solving, consensus building and issue resolution skills.
- Self-starter related to tasks, requests and documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.