WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
IT Security Vulnerability Analyst - Norcross, GA
3169 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Jefferson Plaza
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
Our technology organization is transforming how we work at WestRock. We align with our businesses to deliver innovative solutions that:
- address specific business challenges, integrate processes and create great experiences
- connect our work to shared goals that propel WestRock forward in the Digital Age
- imagine how technology can advance the way we work by using disruptive technology
We are looking for forward thinking technologists that can accelerate our focus areas such as building stronger foundational technology capabilities, reducing complexity, employing digital transformation concepts and leveraging disruptive technology.
The Vulnerability Analyst is responsible for scanning for, researching, assigning, managing, and remediating vulnerabilities in an enterprise IT environment.
How you will impact WestRock:
Remediation, Resolution & Reporting:
- Analyze scheduled and ad hoc Vulnerability Scans as well as Penetration Tests, including researching findings and their mitigations and remediations as well as assigning out to the appropriate platform owners.
- Provide technical feedback on proposed solutions to identified vulnerabilities
- Preform follow-up scans to confirm the proper completion of assigned incidents.
- Implementing, configuring and maintaining vulnerability and compliance scanning tools
- Experience in managing asset groups and scan groups for both research and reporting.
- Recommend approaches for addressing vulnerabilities include but not limited to system and application patching, deployment of specialized controls, and infrastructure changes.
- The ability to contextualize reports against the environment in order to rank and categorize findings.
- Mentor and train other staff in vulnerability management and awareness
- Experience with the Rapid7 suite of Vulnerability Management tools.
- Experience in preparing Metrics, Reports, and PowerPoint slides to provide status updates to the client as well as for management review.
- Experience with Vulnerability Management on a variety of platforms, including Mainframe, Database, Unix, Windows, Networks, Firewall and Web Applications.
- Ability to collaborate with various business team, asset owners for issue resolution and mitigation
- Monitor group incident and request queues, alert notices and other work request streams for new notifications.
- Complete support incidents and change requests within pre-defined service level agreements.
- Regularly communicate status of incidents and requests with customers and key stakeholders via email, phone and face-to-face as dictated by the severity and circumstances of the incident.
- Maintain updated documentation of all in-progress and completed requests in appropriate systems as required by team management.
- Appropriately escalate incidents and requests using pre-defined processes when required.
- Provide remediation analysis and support of the WestRock IT environment and all related technologies, including virtualization, hardware, software, printers, storage IoT and Network.
- Act as an on-call agent for team in specified rotation.
- Perform routine system scanning and monitoring to support vulnerability assessment and prioritization.
- Create and maintain system documentation for remediation processes and controls.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement through solutions to recurring problems and enhancements to existing solutions or documentation.
- Support business restructuring activities, including new sites and relocations remotely as required.
- Install, configure upgrade and document software and services as dictated by the project.
- Coordinate project activities with project managers and other team members.
What you need to succeed:
years’ experience working in Vulnerability Management
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline/equivalent)
- CVSS, CVE, PCI and other Vulnerability Management standards.
- Python or PowerShell are a plus
- Scripting for Windows, Mac, and/or Linux environments a plus
- Windows based server and workstation operating systems.
- Mac based operating systems a plus.
- *NIX based operating systems a plus.
- Basic Knowledge of networking and network infrastructure a plus.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and ability to work effectively in a global enterprise.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines at a fast pace.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate in a matrixed environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Being self-directed, fast-paced, collaborative, and results-oriented
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office 365 communication tools
- Ability to manage multiple priorities efficiently and effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work and collaborate with employees at all levels.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.