Senior Solution Architect, Digital Transformation- Atlanta, GA
3950 Shackleford Rd, Hampton Green
Duluth, Georgia, 30096
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Location and/or Business/Division Details (if applicable)
Senior Solution Architect, Digital Transformation – Atlanta, GA
· As the Digital Transformation Senior Solution Architect, you will work closely with manufacturing operations stakeholders to design, describe, and manage the solution engineering in relation to specific business problems around Westrock’s Digital Transformation Strategy. You will drive the complex process and sub-processes to bridge the gaps between business problems and technology solutions. This will encompass:
o Finding the best tech solution among all possible to solve the existing business problems.
o Describing the structure, characteristics, behavior, and other aspects of software to project stakeholders.
o Defining features, phases, and solution requirements.
o Providing specifications according to which the solution is defined, managed, and delivered.
In this role you will work with all key stakeholders to establish as is and future state machinery Internet of Things (IoT) analytics and data visualization roadmaps. You will play a key role in the strategy and development of WestRock’s IoT roadmap and capability development across the converting plant and machinery divisions. The Solution Architect will develop the enterprise operational model including accountability for the product strategy, roadmap, requirements definition, functional designs and deployment of assigned products. This will include providing capabilities to address multiple user communities including: machine operators, process engineers and subject matter experts, mill operational and business leadership, division executive leadership, Corporate Performance Excellence and Engineering. The Solution Architect will be responsible for driving the overall technology, risk, scope, cost, quality, time and resources constraints across all capability areas. You will work across WestRock’s divisions to drive a standard enterprise offering across all Corrugated and Consumer divisions and develop future roadmaps for additional IoT system integration to deliver measurable benefits in quality, yield and overall equipment effectiveness.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Being the subject matter expert on assigned functionality and customer journeys
· Understanding and advocating for market, customer and business stakeholder needs to ensure we are building the right product functionality at the right time to deliver maximum value to our customers and business
· Collaborating with machinery operations leaders on identifying IoT use cases and business outcomes.
· Fulfilling the duties of a solution architect on an agile development team, including requirements definition, story writing, backlog prioritization, and feature roadmap creation
· Partnering with business stakeholder teams to identify objectives, determine initiative scope, and document requirements. Review and approve large requirements (Epics) and smaller requirements (Stories) based on feature strategy
· Embracing the concept of continuous iteration and negotiating with various business and IT solutions partners on delivering a Minimal Viable Product (MVP) to gain customer insights and other performance KPIs to influence future development cycles
· Collaborating with stakeholders and development teams throughout the product development lifecycle
· Maintaining a product scorecard to measure and report on the success of the experience.
What you need to succeed:
· Experience in digital transformation and machinery IoT in a large manufacturing environment
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Product Management, Information Systems, or other relevant areas
· Experience with data architecture, acquisition, analytics and visualization across manufacturing platforms (MES, Data Historians, Event Systems)
· CSPO Certification desirable
· 12+ years of professional experience in process analysis and engineering, data analytics and process improvement
· Proven experience with requirements analysis and definition, process improvement and project execution
· Success in designing and facilitating requirements elicitation sessions including use of interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, business process outcome modeling, personas, user centric design, task and workflow analysis
· Experience with working in an Agile development environment
· Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
· A consultancy approach to your work and the ability to work independently and multi-task
· Ability to troubleshoot technical and non-technical problems
· Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams without direct report relationships
· Someone excited to facilitate organizational change
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.