Manager, IT Engineering EAI
3950 Shackleford Rd, Hampton Green
Duluth, Georgia, 30096
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Our technology organization is transforming how we work at WestRock. We align with our businesses to deliver innovative solutions that:
- Address specific business challenges, integrate processes, and create great experiences
- Connect our work to shared goals that propel WestRock forward in the Digital Age
- Imagine how technology can advance the way we work by using disruptive technology
We are looking for forward thinking technologists that can accelerate our focus areas such as building stronger foundational technology capabilities, reducing complexity, employing digital transformation concepts, and leveraging disruptive technology.
The Manager, IT Engineering for Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) will be responsible for supporting ESB infrastructure and leading in the development of system integration capabilities for the IT organization. This role is critical in building and establishing short and long term integration platform capabilities across transactional platforms, ERP applications, business operations, and other supporting areas of the business and become the enterprise wide center of excellence for integration solutions and increase WestRock IT’s capacity for scalable and maintainable applications integration strategy. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to guide current and future state EAI strategy with the goal of creating an integrated SOA environment for WestRock application services.
The selected candidate will need to have a solid, in-depth understanding of EAI principles, in-depth experience with the WebMethods platform from Software AG, BizTalk Server, Java, .NET, Oracle, SQL Server and working knowledge of all major AWS services, preferably, with a certification in AWS services.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Support and lead the development (EAI and ESB) of system integration capabilities for the IT organization
- Partner in building and establishing short- and long-term integration platform capabilities across transactional platforms, ERP applications, business operations, and other supporting areas of the business
- Assist with to guiding current and future state EAI strategy with the goal of creating an integrated SOA environment for WestRock application services
- Assist in implementing best practice-based strategies and processes for Enterprise Application Integrations
- Lead the system development lifecycle for applications with the primary responsibility of delivering well-designed, developed, tested, and deployed EAI software using
- Work with various IT groups and business functions to deliver applications integration solutions that meet business requirements
- Manage and optimize team structure while ensuring proper standards pertaining to designing, coding, testing, and general business practices
- Support the infrastructure and various applications/integrations deployed within the EAI environments
- Act as a senior-level technical resource and provide technical leadership on EAI integration projects
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Masters preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working in application integration space with at least 3 years in a development team lead role
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with ESB implementation as well as hand on knowledge of environment handling large volume of data & services
WebMethods Platform (7.x to current 9.x), including the Integration Server, Broker, Universal Messaging, Terracotta, Modeler/Designer, and major Adapters
- In-depth experience with the
WebMethods Platform (6.x to current 9.x)
- Experience with multiple upgrade cycles of the
- Experience with ERP software packages such as JDE, PeopleSoft and SalesForce, JDBC, MQ Series
- Experience implementing solutions using a SOA approach including defining service security, use of service registry and governance processes.
- Experience with designing, developing, and implementing complex integration for end-to-end solutions at a middleware level utilizing
- Experience managing EAI teams in enterprise environments
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques in a highly complex environment using leading-edge technology and/or integrating diverse user systems
- Strong interpersonal skills including team collaboration, leadership, presentation, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.