About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Business Process Specialist - Duluth, GA or any US WestRock Location
3950 Shackleford Rd, Hampton Green
Duluth, Georgia, 30096
- Join a fast-paced, high-performing team of employees who have a functional role within the information technology space.
- The role combines your experience in corrugated and sheet plants with your experience using applications (software and processes) that support these businesses.
- The work crosses several disciplines, including but not limited to:
- Analyzes current business needs, requirements and processes to identify system and business impacts.
- Partners with functional team members to create viable specifications and acceptance criteria in preparation for the construction of information and communication systems.
- Collaborates and communicates with IT and functional management during the systems development life cycle.
- Develops and manages project plans including tasks, resources and timing and allocates personnel time to project tasks and tracks progress of work.
- Contributes to selection of the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to source.
- Researches system issues, formulates solutions and presents solutions to end users to resolve problems and decrease downtime.
- Plays role in developing, documenting and executing test plan and scripts to ensure testing and quality assurance for requirements coverage and collaborates with technical and business teams to ensure resolution to test issues/defects.
How you will impact WestRock:
- You will be a liaison between IT and the container business, representing both disciplines to recommend or execute the best solutions for WestRock.
- Your ability to stretch yourself in new areas and cross train for expertise will allow you to see issues and solutions from all sides.
- Your role will directly impact the bottom line by findings and executing solutions that improve metrics for the packaging business and IT.
What you need to succeed:
- Apply technical and business knowledge to solving problems and providing solutions.
- Communicate effectively and professionally.
- Adaptable to scheduling changes and fast paced work environment.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel to North American locations (up to 75%).
- Willingness to work “non-traditional” hours.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.