WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Title: Director, Enterprise Logistics Systems (Atlanta, GA)
The Director, Enterprise Logistics Systems will build a strong partnership with our Logistics business partners as we implement our strategic platforms. Provides strategic consultancy to identify enabling technologies based on customer requirements. Partners with customers to develop business case justification for applications projects.
Additionally, this role will manager a team of IT resources that interacts and develops logistics solutions that support warehousing and distribution, export compliance and vehicle load optimization.
This senior level role will communicate with leaders in IT and the business at all levels and will need to prioritize multiple demands, communicate effectively, and help organize the team.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Evaluate the impacts and risks of changes from multiple perspectives, mitigate risk that are necessary to reduce or eliminate those considerations, determines timelines for key initiatives and tracks results of the implementation
· Monitor solution advancements to ensure that assigned applications are continuously improved, supported, and aligned with industry and company standards. Prepare business cases for projects to improve the quality and efficiency of our services.
· The tasks and decisions made by this role will impact multiple divisions of WestRock and the enterprise logistics organization.
· This role will be responsible for rolling out a global warehouse management system for WestRock, an export compliance system and continue the roll out of a vehicle loading optimization application.
· The role will contribute to the overall logistics IT roadmap for WestRock and have responsibility for budget development and management for the Logistics IT department.
· Drive deployment and acquisition integration plans for assigned systems and tools in line with organizational deliverables and requirements. Partner with the business to ensure that all quantified benefits are measured and tracked appropriately.
· Own and maintain strategic roadmap for Enterprise Logistic Systems
· Own the operational expense and capital budget for Enterprise Logistics
· Proven ability to lead cross functional teams and the ability to communicate with Executive leadership
· Proven ability to work with global teams and technology partners
What you need to succeed:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance or other related area. Master’s Degree in Business or Computer Science is a plus.
· 7+ years of experience in related field including, IT Systems Consulting and/or IT Systems Management.
· 5+ years leadership experience managing direct or virtual team.
· 3 -5 years of Oracle OTM experience
· Experience leading the design, development, implementing enterprise business solutions.
· Experience in leading and implementing complex technical integrations involving multiple partners and tools
· Successful track record of analytical thinking and problem solving.
· Serving as a primary negotiator, project leader and management of all special projects.
· Demonstrated ability to think and act quickly and solve problems using sound judgment
· Proficient business acumen combined with strong process orientation
· Ability to positively influence others without direct authority in efforts to move assigned projects forward.
· Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
· Ability to effectively coordinate multiple activities/projects with interrelated teams and technology issues simultaneously within aggressive timelines.
· Ability to work efficiently within a matrix management organization.
· Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Strong executive presentation skills with the ability to communicate technical issues and/or concepts to technical and non-technical people.
· Proven leadership and organizational skills that include being part of a high performing team.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Effectively use collaboration tools.
· Proven ERP experience with major platform JDE or SAP
· Proven experience with enterprise logistics platforms – Oracle OTM
· Proven project budget expertise for multi-million-dollar initiatives
· Proven operational budget experience
· Proven track record of implementing strategic logistic platforms
· Proven business relationship management skills
· Proven experience with multiple integration technologies
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.