Director, IT Security Strategy & Program Operations - Atlanta, GA
Director, IT Security Strategy & Program Operations - Atlanta, GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Our technology organization is transforming how we work at WestRock. We align with our businesses to deliver innovative solutions that:
- Address specific business challenges, integrate processes, and create great experiences
- Connect our work to shared goals that propel WestRock forward in the Digital Age
- Imagine how technology can advance the way we work by using disruptive technology
We are looking for forward thinking technologists that can accelerate our focus areas such as building stronger foundational technology capabilities, reducing complexity, employing digital transformation concepts, and leveraging disruptive technology.
Director, IT Security Strategy and Program Operations – Atlanta, GA
The Director of Security Strategy and Program Operations is responsible for the development of high-impact and far-reaching Information Security strategies/solutions that enhance operational efficiency, improve quality of service, and deliver on program and organizational goals.
The Director of Security Strategy and Program Operations will be the delivery assurance leader for operational efficiency, service levels and projects within the Information Security organizational scope. They will be responsible for identification of new initiatives, providing program management oversight and accountability for success of each initiative, ensuring full realization of anticipated business benefits. In addition, they will:
- Coordinate with Information Security leadership to set goals, charter projects, and plan/manage/deliver against the overall IT strategy.
- Provide results focused leadership to ensure goals are set and projects and programs are planned, executed and launched on time, within budget, and with quality.
- Define, prioritize and plan continuous improvement initiatives necessary to evolve and improve program operations.
- Facilitate the creation of executive reporting, including presentations to the Board of Directors, around Information Security organization progress, key performance indicators, and alignment to the National Institute of Standards & Technology Cybersecurity Framework (NIST CSF).
- Act on behalf of the Chief Information Security Officer on managing decisions, risks, opportunities and issues.
This position will have direct reports and responsibilities with multiple project managers/analysts/ and within the Information Security organization and will manage the relationships with Business Unit teams, ePMO and within IT to ensure projects and programs are realizing intended business benefits.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Work with functional leads to develop key performance indicators, key risk indicators, and standard metrics to measure the effectiveness, of processes and programs across Information Security, and quantify the information security risk exposure of the company. Ensure the operational function of all dashboarding and visualization in use in the department
- Ensure alignment and completion of key goals and milestones
- Deliver training and governance processes to facilitate effective charters, strategic plans, and roadmaps for all departmental functionals
- Deliver cultural alignment across infrastructure functions through consistent onboarding and training activities
- Create and organize oversight and governance functions including, but not limited to, technology and functional review processes
- Develop the strategy for standardization, methods & procedures, budgets & operational planning for the program initiatives
- Champion relentless innovation and continuous improvement culture
- Evaluation of current best practice solutions, analysis of potential global benefit, prioritization and development of implementation strategies/programs
- Identify opportunities and propose projects/programs that leverage new digital transformation capabilities. Evaluate and identify where systems complexity can be reduced by deploying standard solutions.
- Collaborate with ePMO to develop operational and execution plans, detailed project schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports; work with the ePMO to track key project milestones and adjust project plans and/or resources to meet needs of business stakeholders
- Coordinate with Information Security Management to track progress and to maintain alignment with the plan. Enforce accountability down to all project teams and regularly monitor progress, lead and guide teams as necessary
- Evaluate the impacts and risks of changes from multiple perspectives, assigns tasks that are necessary to reduce or eliminate those considerations, determines tentative implementation dates, and tracks results of the implementation
- Support the alignment of the organization to NIST CSF and track and coordinate progress efforts for advancing the associated roadmap
- Establish program controls to reduce risks and changing requirements, technology infrastructure, hardware or applications systems
- Communicate major milestones and identify potential project risks; conduct regular status meetings to review program and project activities; manages prioritization procedures
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and program/project resources to drive key decisions and ensure timely project complete
- Confers with and advises on standards, priorities and methods
- Design and develop regular update material to senior management, including the development of routine presentations to the Board of Directors to catalogue the progress and key performance indicators of the Information Security organization.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in related field including Business Operations, Program Management, Project Manager and/or Performance Excellence/Six Sigma. 3+ years of experience in a technology-focused role is required
- Certification in Project Management (PMP) and/or Six Sigma Black Belt is a plus
- Certifications in related field (including any of the following but not limited to): CBCP, Security +, Network +, CISSP, CCNA Security, CCIE, MCSE, MCITP, SANS GICSP, CISM.
- Track record that demonstrates a thorough understanding and advancement of Agile culture and methodologies
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods, demonstrating problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Track record that demonstrates practical application of PMBOK principles within an organization
- Direct work experience with Business Operations and IT strategic planning including systems implementation and optimization, operational process reviews, and technology assessments and creating technology roadmaps. Experienced in delivery assurance, risk management roles
- Ability to positively influence others without direct authority in efforts to move assigned projects forward
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines. Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects with interrelated teams and technology issues simultaneously within aggressive timelines
- Excellent change management skills. IT Assessment workshop planning and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work efficiently within a matrix management organization
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project required
- Excellent interpersonal, Communication, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Sign up to receive emails when Westrock posts open positions you might be interested in: