About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The HR Manager is responsible for assuring consistency inour employee relations and human resources practices at the Winston-Salem Manufacturing plant with Merchandising Displays division. Approximate employee population is 350.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Critical member of the Plant Leadership Team
· Build and sustain the WestRock culture by employee engagement efforts
· Lead employee relations initiatives and act as advocate for employees and leadership alike
· Administer company policies and procedures
· Maintain confidential employee files and records
· Participate in and support initiatives related to recruiting and fair hiring practices, benefits and compensation structures, diversity, training, and organizational development
· Coordinate the facility’s recruiting and selection efforts, both hourly and salaried, including but not limited to utilizing the Talent Management system for job requisition approval and posting, interviewing, and pre-employment testing.
· Coordinate the on-boarding process for new employees including new hire orientation
· Develop business partnerships with managers and supervisors regarding adherence to company policies and procedures. Develop trust and confidence in all levels of employees and managers
· Provide guidance in employee performance issues, discipline and termination
· Assist with and support the unemployment claim process for the facility and division as needed; gather and organize appropriate documentation, coordinate witnesses, testimony, and participate in hearings, if needed
· Conduct exit interviews and generate reports on results, trends and other relevant information
· Maintain accurate documentation and records for all employee matters or concerns that have been managed to closure
· Be actively engaged and supportive of the Performance Excellence program
How you will impact WestRock:
· Make recommendations for new programs, policies, build and/or organize the training and development opportunities for the facility both hourly and salaried personnel
· Conduct training sessions and facilitate meetings as needed
· Oversee company sponsored community relations initiatives to maintain effective community relations
· Handle all aspects of leave management to include FMLA, STD, LTD, Military, ADA, LOA; seek guidance from Area HRM as needed
· Manage compensation and employee transactions for payroll to include hiring, terminations, job movements, rate changes, etc
· Maintain and upkeep the time and attendance system for the location of responsibility ensuring compliance with company policy as well as state and local laws
· Act as benefits champion for site of responsibility and communicate benefits information to employees and assist in their knowledge and understanding
· Assist with investigations as necessary
· Maintain compliance with all levels of local, state and federal law
· Work in the Talent Management system and be able to administer the performance review process, participate in the succession planning initiatives and understand all modules within Talent Management
· Take initiative to identify and anticipate business/HR needs and make recommendations for implementation.
· All other duties as assigned
What you need to succeed:
· BS/BA in Business Administration, Industrial Relations, Human Resources or related discipline.
· Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources generalist experience in a manufacturing environment with proven track record in Employee Relations, Training & Development and HR Technology.
· Professional communication skills and the ability to effectively interface with personnel at all levels of the Company. Clear, concise written and verbal.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to assess situations, from both a legal compliance and business perspective, and make the best recommendation based on the facts.
· Good judgment and ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
· Interpersonal flexibility and strong customer service orientation.
· A self-starter with a strong ability to multitask and manage a variety of issues/projects simultaneously; able to work autonomously; ability to meet multiple deadlines.
· Experience working with HRMS systems.
· Develop strong trusting relationships to gain support and achieve results.
· Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
· PHR/SHRM-CP or SPHR/SHRM-SCP strongly preferred.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business driver
· and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.