WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
HR Leader, Fiber Solutions
3169 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Jefferson Plaza
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
At WestRock, we provide packaging solutions designed to give our customers a winning edge in the global marketplace. We partner closely with them to deliver the best value on everything from paperboard used for a wide variety of packaging and shipping containers to specialty packages, boxes and displays. We consider ourselves to be part of their team as we strive for continuous improvement together. Every day, our 50,000 team members combine practical innovations and rigorous execution in more than 320 operating and business facilities across North America, South America, Europe and Asia-Pacific to deliver products and services that answer unique local needs. Learn more at www.westrock.com
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources for the corporate functions, the HR Leader, Fiber Solutions, will partner with the leadership of the Recycling and Forest Resources divisions. As a member of the business leadership team, the successful candidate will be a business and thought partner to the SVP and leadership on the continued evolution of the strategy and execution plans for the business and ultimately create the organization, talent strategy and action plans to support the business strategy. This position leads and is accountable for the development of an HR Manager and is responsible for building strong partnerships with the leaders and employees. The successful candidate will broker the support of the full HR function to ensure that the business and associated organizational/talent management objectives are achieved.
The position is based at the Norcross and / or Atlanta, GA, office with responsibility for providing HR leadership and support, to include 19 Recycling plants and 17 Forest Resources locations across the United States.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Work with business leadership to contribute to the development of the business strategy to proactively drive and deliver on the business organization, capability and talent agenda.
- Regularly review organizational design and effectiveness and implement necessary actions to continually upgrade and align to the business strategy and immediate priorities
- Lead and execute key initiatives and provide solutions for employee relations, organization development, performance management, workforce planning, talent acquisition, talent development, succession planning and diversity and inclusion.
- Drive an aggressive talent management agenda for the business ensuring the best fit of talent and capabilities is currently available and building as needed for future requirements
- Partner with and engage with Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Compensation & Benefits and HR Services to design and lead initiatives which serve to advance the agenda of the function and ensure we have strong programming, support and solutions in place to attract, develop and retain the talent and capabilities needed to meet business objectives.
- Work closely with leaders and other members of the HR team to assess the pipeline of internal talent and work with Talent Acquisition to create strategies that will attract outside talent.
- Work with Learning & Organizational Development to identify training needs and solutions for the function as well as individual leadership’s coaching needs.
- Lead total rewards strategy and actions for the business, driving the effective use of performance management and partnering with the compensation team to ensure tight alignment and ongoing assessment of commercial and salaried compensation programs to ensure delivery of required business results and behaviors.
- Partner with Safety Leadership in the support of safety programs, including participation in safety committees and training compliance.
- Support effective employee relations within the business by advising on the appropriate deployment of HR and compliance policies and developing a culture of positive employee engagement.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline. Masters preferred
- Ten+ years of experience in a fast-paced HR business partner or business role, preferably supporting operations, sales, technical sales, and marketing client groups. Labor Relations experience helpful.
- Demonstrated experience in employee relations, organizational development & planning, talent management consulting and compensation/rewards. Demonstrated ability in applying functional knowledge to drive solutions to business challenges.
- Think and operate like a business leader operating in the HR space with proven business and financial acumen; able to work with credibility and influence business and functional leaders.
- A hands-on, self-motivated and goal-oriented individual who is an agent for positive change and innovation, inspiring employees to the highest standards of performance through frequent communication, good management practices, performance measurement systems, and leadership.
- A proven ability to take initiative to anticipate customer needs and recommend actions to address challenges.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to build and maintain strong partnerships.
- Significant business-oriented organization design and effectiveness experience
- Proven project management capabilities
- Strong coaching and influencing skills
- Experience managing HR function in a manufacturing environment - across multiple locations preferred.
- Good understanding of legal and regulatory principles and ability to effectively partner with legal team
- A strong ability to multitask and manage a variety of issues/projects simultaneously; able to work autonomously; ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Able to travel to plant locations across the US (20-40% travel).
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.