Business Unit HR Manager - Fernandina Beach, FL
600 North 8th St
Fernandina Beach, Florida, 32034-3321
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Business Unit Human Resources Manager – Fernandina Beach, FL
A performance-based, data-driven culture helps us continuously reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction. In the past year, our employees increased customer satisfaction to the highest customer satisfaction rating in our history.
The Business Unit HR Manager provides leadership and functional HR generalist support to multiple plant locations within assigned business unit or region. This position executes HR and business initiatives at the business unit and facility level including, but not limited to, attracting and retaining talent, driving performance management and talent review process’, employee relations, training and development, workforce planning/headcount management and workers compensation case management.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Provide guidance to managers and employees regarding WestRock policies/practices, administration, and interpretation to ensure policies and procedures are handled consistently and in a timely manner
- Partner with BU management in finding, attracting, and retaining talent
- Ensure effective and timely pre-employment and on-boarding activities and requirements for all new or transferring employees
- Maintains the Human Resource Information System to ensure management has access to appropriate people information to run the business. Provided additional HR data and reports to managers as requested
- Administers all compensation related activities for assigned locations including: annual merit review, incentive programs, promotions, etc.
- Ensure that salary recommendations are aligned with WestRock Compensation Guidelines and proper approvals are obtained
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations
- Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required
- Provides day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Ensure all annual Performance and Talent Reviews are completed in a timely manner and developmental activities are administered as appropriate. Provide ongoing support as needed. Update key talent data in Talent Management System
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention
- Assist Management in identifying training needs for business units and individual coaching needs
- Works with corporate benefits group to communicate and administer corporate benefits programs to hourly and salaried employees at assigned locations. Act as Benefits Champion during open enrollment period
- Partner with Safety Leaders in supporting implementation of safety programs, including participation in safety committees and training compliance
- Handle workers compensation case management and related reporting
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience
- Experience coaching and developing high performance teams
- Experience managing HR for a shift environment strongly preferred
- Experience managing HR function in a union manufacturing environment across multiple locations preferred
- SHRM Certification (SHRM-CP and SHRM- SCP) preferred
- Excellent consulting expertise
- Strong conflict management experience
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Bi-lingual competency in Spanish is strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and platform skills
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results
- Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues
- Manage multiple plants in multiple locations. (Fernandina Beach, FL and San Juan, PR)
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Flexibility and ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate business/HR needs and make recommendations for implementation
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.