WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Human Resource Generalist
9960 Alliance Rd
Cincinnati, Ohio, 45242
The Human Resource Business Partner is responsible for overseeing employee relations, policies and procedures, recruitment, and talent management for an assigned client group. This position is responsible for serving as the business liaison for managing union relationships while assisting with human resource initiatives designed to drive continuous improvement of HR and business performance metrics. Overall, the HR Generalist is responsible for providing day-to-day HR functional support.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Responsible for all aspects of the Human Resources processes including strategic organizational planning, compliance, employment, benefits, health and wellness, employee, and labor relations.
· Responsible for compliance with all applicable Federal and State Laws including EEO, FMLA, HIPAA, ADA, and Collective Bargaining.
· Conducts periodic training on applicable topics including sexual harassment, diversity, and employment law.
· Responsible for managing and meeting the staffing needs of the organization. This includes the sourcing, selection, testing, and hiring of employees as well as conducting new employee orientation.
· Responsible for creating strategic business partnerships with front-line employees and supervisors to promote positive employee relations
· Coach and advise front-line employees and managers regarding employee relations policies, contractual agreements interpretation and proper operating procedures
· Responsible for proactively developing and improving the knowledge and skills of the organization. This includes analyzing training and development needs, determining, and providing resources for employee development and training, as well as coaching and mentoring.
· Key leader in cultural change initiatives to create a team of actively engaged employees
· Coordinates labor relations activities including contract interpretation and grievance administration. Handles complaints, settles disputes, resolves grievances, and conflicts, and conducts internal investigative procedures.
· Responsible for the administrative aspects of the human resources function including maintaining records and confidential employee files, employee pay and providing statistical and regulatory reporting.
· Researches and introduces policy changes for General Manager and Leadership Team approval. Consults and advises Leadership Team on topics of interest that could have a major impact on employee morale.
· Responsible for being a key member and contributor of safety-related and performance excellence processes.
· Demonstrates concern for satisfying external and/or internal customers; resolves customer issues in a timely manner; communicates with customers to ensure alignment and satisfaction; ability to operate with customers' best interests in mind
What you need to succeed:
· A bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5-7 years of Human Resources experience.
· Skilled in areas of strategic planning, problem solving, employee development, coaching and conflict resolution.
· Experience managing union grievance processes is preferred but not necessary
· Employee relations experience within a unionized manufacturing facility is preferred
· CSP, PHR or SHRM-CP certification are a plus.
· Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
· Ability to investigate and assess employee conflicts objectively and solve such issues using a variety of methods and tools, including coaching and conflict resolution.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
· Bring assignments to a successful completion under specific deadlines
· Effective at multi-tasking and managing multiple priorities
· Ability to lead change
· Team building and influencing skills
· Strong analytical/problem-solving ability
· Possess a sense of urgency and self-motivation
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.