Benefit Analyst - Retirees
At WestRock, we provide packaging solutions designed to give our customers a winning edge in the global marketplace. We partner closely with them to deliver the best value on everything from paperboard used for a wide variety of packaging and shipping containers to specialty packages, boxes and displays. We consider ourselves to be part of their team – as we strive for continuous improvement together. Every day, our 45,000 team members combine practical innovations and rigorous execution in more than 300 operating and business facilities across North America, South America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific to deliver products and services that answer unique local needs.
Benefits Analyst- Duluth, GA
The Health and Welfare Benefits Analyst provides support in the research, planning and execution of health and welfare programs. The Analyst provides consultative support to the Senior Manager Total Rewards Operations and other department members regarding administration of medical, dental, vision, disability, life, sub-pay, long-term care, health savings accounts and flexible spending account programs.
The Analyst assists in the compliance with all federal regulatory requirements relating to the administration of health and welfare programs including plan documents and amendments, audits, communication of legislative/legal changes, legally required reports and nondiscrimination testing.
How you will impact WestRock:
Program Administration and Analytics
- Functions as a liaison between vendors and employees/retirees and advises employees/retirees on escalated issues related to eligibility, coverage, and plan design. Monitors for trends.
- Provides analytical support in the research, development, planning and execution of health and welfare programs
- Supports survey and benchmarking efforts
- Support administration of Life and AD&D plans for active employees and Retiree Medical, Dental and Life Plans
- Coordinate with internal contacts such as HRIS and Payroll to ensure efficient issue resolution
- Responsible for ensuring data integrity and data management to support the accuracy of the benefit plans for all employees
- Maintain benefits content for intranet/portal site
- Assists in the compliance with all federal regulatory requirements relating to the administration of health and welfare plans and retiree medical programs including plan documents and amendments, audits, communication of legislative/legal changes, legally required reports and nondiscrimination testing.
- Responsible for providing all required documentation to support the annual OPEB valuation process.
The Analyst will develop, document and review policies, procedures and reporting related to the administration process to monitor consistent administration and process improvement
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3 – 5 years prior work experience in the field of health and welfare benefits required
- Strong organizational abilities, the ability to work independently, maintain a balance of work priorities and complete assignments within established timeframes is required. Timeliness, attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to work independently and interact collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw valid conclusions, formulate sound recommendations is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner to management, administrative staff and employees at all levels is required.
- Microsoft Office knowledge including advanced Excel and Word skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer information
- Excellent customer service skills
- CEBS course work a plus
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create and maintain a diverse workforce where everyone feels valued, respected, and included. WestRock does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Sign up to receive emails when Westrock posts open positions you might be interested in: