About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
At WestRock, we provide packaging solutions designed to give our customers a winning edge in the global marketplace. We partner closely with them to deliver the best value on everything from paperboard used for a wide variety of packaging and shipping containers to specialty packages, boxes and displays. We consider ourselves to be part of their team – as we strive for continuous improvement together. Every day, our 45,000 team members combine practical innovations and rigorous execution in more than 300 operating and business facilities across North America, South America, Europe and Asia-Pacific to deliver products and services that answer unique local needs.
The Human Resources Strategic Initiatives Leader will proactively engage with the EVPs Leadership Team and the HR teams leading initiatives to develop and maintain a high performing workforce and pipeline of talent that brings a growth and global mindset aligned to our business strategy. This position is responsible for influencing business and talent outcomes through organizing and driving critical talent strategy initiatives. This position builds strong partnership relationships with the leaders and employees and brokers the support of the full HR function to ensure that the business and associated organizational/talent management objectives are achieved.
This position directs the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of a diverse range of programs, based on a foundation of analysis and understanding of underlying value proposition components. As such, this person must possess solid analytical skills as well as an understanding of our total rewards and talent management elements.
This will be a 12-18 month developmental role, providing experience and gaining deeper understanding of the business needs and perspectives around People + Culture, while driving immense value for the business. This role would be a good fit for someone with HR Operational management experience (HRIS, Talent Management, or Total Rewards) who has potential for growth in that core space or has potential interest in the HRBP space.
How you will impact WestRock
· Lead key initiatives and provide implementation management for talent strategy elements. Design and lead initiatives which serve to advance the agenda of the business and ensure we have strong programming in place to attract, develop and retain the talent and capabilities needed to meet business objectives. These include workforce planning analysis and resulting projects, robust onboarding framework across the business that drives retention, career path mapping and capability assessment, development programs for manager skill building and key capabilities, and programs for external local partnerships that enable specific pipeline needs including diversity and technical talent.
· Work closely with the Division HR Leader to manage initiative teams across HR and the business in designing content and in execution
· Work closely with leaders and other members of the HR team to assess the pipeline of internal talent. Work with Talent Acquisition to create strategies that will attract outside talent.
· Work with Learning & Organizational Development and others to identify training needs and solutions for the mills as well as individual leadership coaching needs.
· Will coordinate and manage dashboard reporting and tools in partnership with HRIS, Finance, and other teams as needed.
What you need to succeed
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline
· Five to eight years of experience in a fast-paced HR or business role, with 3+ years in project management or analytical role
· Demonstrated ability in applying functional knowledge to drive business challenges.
· Proven track record of analyzing HR processes and introducing improvements that have positive business impact and measurable ROI.
· Working with the broader HR team on development programming for our team to include skill building in the areas of compensation (career stream and level framework), business acumen, talent assessment, and compliance.
· Experience with HR operational areas at WestRock – HRIS, Total Rewards, and/or Talent Management
· A hands-on, self-motivated and goal-oriented individual who is an agent for positive change and innovation, inspiring employees to the highest standards of performance through frequent communication, good management practices, performance measurement systems, and leadership.
· A proven ability to take initiative to anticipate customer needs and recommend actions to address challenges.
· Proven business and financial acumen, able to work with credibility and influence functional leaders.
· Strong communications and ability to work in a matrixed environment; ability to build and maintain strong partnerships across multiple areas and geographies.
· Strong organizational, analytical and project management skills
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.