HR Leader - IT
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Human Resources Leader will proactively engage with global home office/corporate functions, specifically IT, to develop an outstanding and high-performing work environment. The HR Leader will work to ensure we have the skills, capabilities and work environment for today’s success and tomorrow’s. The IT function provides enabling technology solutions for WestRock and is implementing a new digital transformation strategy. This position is responsible for providing HR leadership and expertise and influencing business and talent outcomes for the IT function. This position builds strong partnership, relationships with the leaders and employees and brokers the support of the full HR function to ensure that the business and associated organizational/talent management objectives are achieved.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK
Lead key initiatives and provide solutions for employee relations, organization development, performance management, workforce planning and talent acquisition, development and succession planning and diversity and inclusion. Design and lead initiatives which serve to advance the agenda of the function and ensure we have strong programming in place to attract, develop and retain the talent and capabilities needed to meet business objectives.
- Partners with IT VP’s of various functions (Technology Development, Business Solutions, Enterprise Systems, Platform Technology, IT Operations & Global Support, Technology Transformation, Information Security and eCommerce) to identify, prioritize and execute effective and enabling talent strategies across the world, covering North America, South America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- Partner and engage with Talent Acquisition, Learning & Organizational Development, Compensation & Benefits and HR Services teams to provide human resources support and solutions.
- Work closely with leaders and other members of the HR team to assess the pipeline of internal talent. Work with Talent Acquisition to create strategies that will attract outside talent.
- Work with Learning & Organizational Development to identify training needs and solutions for the function as well as individual leadership coaching needs.
- Support effective employee relations within the team by advising on the appropriate deployment of HR and compliance policies and the development of a culture of positive employee engagement.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- A Master’s Degree and or HR Certifications such as SPHR is preferred.
- Eight to ten years of experience in a fast-paced HR generalist or business role, preferably supporting corporate functions including IT or in some leader/employee consulting role.
- Experience supporting a large complex global IT organization, or similar organization
Broad experience in employee relations, organizational development & planning, talent management consulting and compensation/rewards. Demonstrated ability in applying functional knowledge to drive business challenges.
- A hands-on, self-motivated and goal-oriented individual who is an agent for positive change and innovation, inspiring in employees to the highest standards of performance through frequent communication, good management practices, performance measurement systems, and leadership.
- Experience managing through activities such as: integrations, mergers and acquisitions as well as divestitures.
- A proven ability to take initiative to anticipate customer needs and recommend actions to address challenges.
- Proven business and financial acumen, able to work with credibility and influence functional leaders.
- Proven track record of analyzing HR processes and introducing improvements that have positive business impact and measurable ROI.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to assess situations from both a business and functional perspective.
- Strong communications and ability to work in a matrixed environment; ability to build and maintain strong partnerships across multiple areas and geographies.
- Proficiency working with HRMS/Talent Management systems (PeopleSoft, Cornerstone)
- A strong ability to multitask and manage a variety of issues/projects simultaneously; able to work autonomously; ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally - 10%-20%
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.