Director Learning & Development - Commercial Teams
Director Learning & Development - Commercial Teams
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock is looking for a dynamic, results-driven Learning and Development Leader who can deeply understand the business, talent strategy, workforce dynamics and how to properly translate them into meaningful development program execution for our Commercial team members.
Located in Atlanta, this exciting career opportunity will utilize the successful candidate’s Learning and Development experience in partnering with HRBP’s and Business Leaders to creatively develop and implement a variety of innovative development programs. This leader will accomplish this through collaboration with the HR business partner community, business leadership and other center of excellence colleagues.
The incumbent will own an enterprise global program development mandate for the creation of development programs supporting our Commercial teammates, including curricula development, talent development and career paths, ensuring consistency and excellence in execution and delivery. Working in close partnership with the leaders in Commercial Excellence, the programs developed will enhance existing Commercial technical and functional training offerings and build skills for a future ready workforce. Real success will be measured by the creation of programs leading to the development of a ‘WestRock Sales College’.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Establish a strategic direction for WestRock’s Commercial learning and development programs in collaboration with the VP of Talent, senior HR business partners, and leaders in our Sales Excellence and Commercial teams.
- In cooperation with the various HRBP’s and in alignment with Commercial capabilities, build curricula to develop comprehensive programs for Commercial team members.
- Manage all elements of WestRock’s Commercial learning and development offerings, including: assessment, design, development, delivery, and evaluation.
- Through a matrix structure, provide leadership and direction to a robust ‘bench’ of designers, trainers, coaches, and facilitators for WestRock’s various programmatic Commercial offerings.
- Continue to help develop WestRock’s Commercial leadership pathway in terms of embedding commercial capabilities.
- Provide thought leadership and reflection in relation to tools, strategies, and new developments in the field of learning and development, learning in the flow of work and capability building.
- Help define metrics and measures of efficacy of programs.
What you need to succeed:
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, Master degree preferred
- 10+ years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 5+ years’ experience assessing professional commercial development needs and designing, delivering and measuring solutions to meet those needs.
- Extensive experience coaching and mentoring others, including direct reports and other “mentees.”
- Exceptional presentation skills in various settings.
- Proven management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs.
- Experience with learning management systems and databases.
- Excellent analytical and systems thinking skills.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, deep curiosity, and strong critical thinking skills.
- Excellent consultation, collaboration, business partnering, and project management skills.
- Experience measuring outcomes.
- Global industry experience is beneficial (corrugated, food service, folding carton packaging, manufacturing) but not required.
- Naturally collaborative with others, having worked in a heavily matrixed organization to achieve organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems.
- A builder’s mentality.
- Ability to think and plan strategically and follow through and act on the tactical requirements needed.
- Exceptional project management skills including ability to create action plans and timelines, manage multiple programs simultaneously.
- Must have a high level of proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Sign up to receive emails when Westrock posts open positions you might be interested in: