WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Director Human Resources, Multi Packaging Solutions
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
Multi Packaging Solutions, a WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK), partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Director of Human Resources will proactively engage and partner with the MPS North America Healthcare & Pharmaceutical Operations organization to develop an outstanding and high-performing work environment, facilitating specialized solutions for the branded and healthcare markets. The operations group covers a broad spectrum of salaried and hourly employees and multiple operational locations.
The Director of Human Resources will be responsible for providing HR leadership and expertise to this organization with the goal of influencing the business through effective talent outcomes.
This position is based in Atlanta, Georgia, with responsibility for all sites including Lansing, MI Packaging and Horticulture; Holland, MI; Allegan, MI; Patchogue and Hicksville, NY; The Printery, MI; South Plainfield, NJ; Lexington, Greensboro, and Raleigh, NC. Additionally, this role will partner with Robin Henfling, vice president, Estimating, and his team in support of Healthcare commercial management.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Work with business leadership to contribute to the development of business strategy and proactively drive the talent agenda and capability for the organization.
- Regularly review organizational design and effectiveness and implement necessary actions to continually upgrade and align to the business strategy and immediate priorities
- Lead key initiatives and provide solutions for employee relations, organization development, performance management, workforce planning and talent acquisition, development and succession planning.
- Drive an aggressive talent management agenda for the business ensuring the best fit of talent and capabilities is currently available and building as needed for future requirements
· Lead total rewards strategy and actions for the business, driving the effective use of performance management and partnering with the compensation team to ensure tight alignment and ongoing assessment of commercial and salaried compensation programs to ensure delivery of required business results and behaviors
· Design and lead initiatives which serve to advance the agenda of the business and ensure there is strong programming in place to attract, develop and retain the talent and capabilities needed to meet business objectives.
· Connect the operations and sales teams, driving aligned communications, understanding of common strategy and objectives and clear focus on sales and operational plans.
· Support effective employee relations within the business by advising on the appropriate deployment of HR and compliance policies and developing a culture of positive employee engagement.
· Support and drive current and future integration efforts across the MPS organization.
What you need to succeed:
- We are seeking candidates with 8-10 years human resources experience with a solid career progression
- Broad generalist experience with demonstratable skills in organizational development & planning, talent management, compensation & rewards, and employee relations.
- A highly engaged, self-motivated and goal-oriented individual who is an agent for positive change and innovation.
- Experience managing through activities such as: integrations, mergers and acquisitions as well as divestitures.
- Proven business and financial acumen, able to work with credibility and influence functional leaders.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work in a matrixed environment; ability to build and maintain strong partnerships across multiple geographies.
- Solid project management experience.
- Prior experience within a high performing manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.