WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Lead Compensation Analyst
The Lead Compensation Analyst is a key member of the Total Rewards team. This role is responsible for strategic analysis and providing consultative, planning, project management and senior analytical support for our businesses. This role is also responsible for integrating compensation with overall HR strategies to attract and retain a highly skilled workforce. The individual will participate in the end-to-end design, management and administration of compensation programs and activities including overall design, base salary and variable pay administration, as well as executive benefits.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Ensures a cohesive and comprehensive approach to the design of a total compensation package that aligns the organization’s objectives with compensation programs.
- Uses compensation tools to make recommendations and offer solutions.
- Synthesizes, manipulates and models large datasets and analyzes multiple scenarios and develops business actions and recommendations.
- Consults with all levels of business leaders on compensation matters such as the design, application and value of using various components of the total compensation package.
- Collaborates with human resources and business leaders and other stakeholders to define requirements and expectations and to monitor and provide updates regarding agreed upon deliverables.
- Influences and provides recommendations and alternatives to address the businesses’ needs and objectives.
- Modeling complex scenarios and recommending business actions.
- Builds consensus to generate support for new ideas and strategies. Solutions require collaboration and agreement with Human Resource and Business Leaders.
- Independently leads compensation initiatives and activities including developing and managing project plans.
- Provides leadership and guidance to other team members.
- Conducts complex analysis of practices and programs to evaluate effectiveness and ensure compliance.
- Stays abreast of labor market trends and changes to recommend approaches for competitiveness in compensation.
- Evaluates external competitiveness and internal alignment; researches industry trends and provides recommendations.
- Independently conducts studies and recommends policy and process/operations changes.
- Identifies ways to operationalize and champion changes/enhancements to program offerings.
- Assists in developing and presenting HR and Manager education and other communications through various mediums for a global employee audience.
- Recommends Compensation guideline updates and identifies and analyzes metrics for measuring effectiveness and improving performance of programs.
- Ensures collaborative approaches are used to achieve goals and to measure success.
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum 5-7 years of total compensation experience in a role of similar complexity and scope; 3-5 years of experience at the Senior Analyst level.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- PHR, SPHR and/or CCP are strongly preferred at the Senior Analyst level.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in compensation principles and practices such as salary and variable pay strategies, labor market analysis and trending, job evaluation methodologies.
- Working knowledge of HR principles for integrating compensation with overall HR strategies.
- Ability to apply formulaic, mathematical and statistical data for compilation and analysis and interpret market intelligence.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and influencing needed to work with, HR and other shareholders.
- Ability to explain complex programs and technical information for non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to lead activities and projects independently.
- Demonstrated ability to handle highest level of confidential and sensitive essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills and ability to “tell the story.”
- Ability to work in changing environment with varied dynamics.
- Advanced capabilities in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent MS desktop skills.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft preferred.
- Strong teamwork skills.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.