WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock is seeking candidates for Mill Yard Technicians. As a Mill Yard Technician, you be responsible for cleaning up debris from around the mill yard and equipment to help ensure a safe work environment. This is primarily a manual labor position that requires work in conditions that are sometimes less than ideal i.e. outdoors during inclement weather and exposure to wood dust and loud noises daily.
How you will impact WestRock:
* Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
* Clean up bark, chips, dust, and other materials around the mill, especially areas that are not accessible by rolling equipment
* Remove trash and scrap metal from production areas
* Assist other team members, as needed i.e. changing knives and firewatch
What you need to succeed:
* Work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
* Work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
* Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
* Ability to operate or learn to operate heavy equipment
* Team player that enjoys working in a team environment and values manual labor
Education and Experience
* At least six (6) months of previous work experience in a construction or industrial environment
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled