WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com
Safety Quality Manager- Galesburg, IL
775 S. Linwood Road
Galesburg, Illinois, 61402
The Quality-Safety position provides technical expertise in the application of Total Quality principles, Six sigma processes, and tools to improve product and service quality and operational results. Acts as an internal consultant with management, leads and directs improvement teams by interpreting data. Conducts/schedules training as required. Ensures company policies/guidelines are adhered to.
How you will impact WestRock:
* Contribute to a collaborative safety culture that drives results.
* Utilize problem solving skills, to maintain seamless production.
* Provide quality products to ensure an exceptional customer service experience.
What you need to succeed:
* Ability to maintain the Total Quality Management System at the facility.
* Energy and Drive of Safety initiatives, Safety spokesperson and champion for creating a safe work environment, and compliance with all safety practices and procedures
* Lead 3rd party safety, clinic relations, work compensation, case management and RTW programs
* Develop and implements new quality & safety systems to improve plant efficiency.
* Establish quality standards and in-process/final product quality tests and inspections.
* Establish plant safety and quality goals and improvement priorities.
* Interface with customers and suppliers to identify quality needs and resolve issues.
* Develop and implement documents and procedures.
* Provide training on all quality and safety programs
Additional Duties include: Conduct internal audits, Must possess strong Communication Skills
Effective facilitation, presentation skills and experience facilitating formal and informal training.
Must possess strong strategic planning and analytical skills, Strong Computers skills: Microsoft Suite, electronic mail
Education / Experience:
* Prefer a minimum of 2 years of paper, corrugated and/or manufacturing environment
* Prior experience leading quality / safety related initiatives, policies and procedures
* Four year degree in Business Administration, Quality Management, Paper Science or other related field - Strongly Preferred
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled Veterans.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled