Rewind Operator, 1st Shift - Patchogue, NY
217 River Avenue
Patchogue, New York, 11772
GENERAL PURPOSE: Inspects each job for quality and rewinds in compliance with customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Rewinds product according to customer specifications and internal procedures.
• Visually inspects labels for defects.
• Assists supervisor/manager with decisions on quality when not clearly within defined parameters.
• Sets up multiple slitter units.
• Slits down jobs.
• Responsible for product segregation to avoid cross contamination.
• Maintains inventory of rewind material and replenishes as needed.
• Adheres to SOP's, procedures and work instructions.
• Sets up and runs the Label Vision System.
• Splices rolls together following customer's specifications.
• Maintains the Rewind equipment using the PM schedules.
• Follows procedures to setup and operate the back numbering equipment.
• Operates the table top rewind equipment when needed.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.) required.
• Two months’ related experience and/or training is preferred.
• Must have the ability to read and write instructions. .
• Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Must have strong mathematical skills (fractions. ratios, rulers and decimals).
• Must have good color perception and the ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Must be able to work well with others and in a high pressure environment.
• Must have good problem solving skills.
• Must have basic computer skills.
• Must be able to maintain good attendance.
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
• Must be able to flex schedule to meet the needs of production, including working a different shift if needed.
• Must have good communication skills.
• Must have a proactive and creative approach to projects.
• Must pass color vision and hue test.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.