WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Regional Wood Fiber Supply Manager - Fernandina Beach, FL
600 North 8th St
Fernandina Beach, Florida, 32034-3321
We have an opportunity for a Regional Wood Fiber Procurement Manager at our Fernandina Beach, FL, office to lead all team activities to develop and execute the virgin fiber sourcing strategies aggressively and proactively. This process includes maintaining the lowest cost and highest quality fiber sourcing in support of the mills' projected needs across the annual cycle while maintaining the highest compliance with safety and environmental requirements. In this process, the candidate must provide key leadership and develop organizational talent to promote an aggressive, data focused organization capable of relentlessly seeking productivity enhancements resulting in bottom line savings to the company.
- Lead, promote, and enhance the safety culture.
- Develop sound, aggressive strategies built on mill requirements, solid analysis and robust market data.
- Develop, lead and maintain solid market awareness to support both strategic development and tactical decisions.
- Execute the fiber supply plan with precision and high sense of urgency, remaining flexible to adjust strategy and tactics given changes in market conditions and/or mill operations to sustain lowest cost and high quality.
- Communicate effectively related to fiber supply operations, strategies, and status of execution with all stakeholders including mill management, mill operations, mill fiber supply team and upper management.
- Hold team to high standards for operational execution, including accuracy, timeliness, safety, productivity and quality.
- Proactively develop and manage capital/expenses plans that support and enhance the fiber supply system.
- Develop talent to continually provide opportunities for “high potential” individuals in order to increase leadership "bench strength" for the organization.
What you need to succeed:
- Ability to lead change to ensure maximized performance in evolving market conditions
- 10+ years related work experience
- Bachelors in Forestry management or related field
- Advanced computer skills, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word, Outlook and other software
- Ability to set up financial budgets is critical
- Analyzes written/numerical information
- Ability to effectively communicate data driven decisions and strategies to variance audiences across the organization
- Identifies patterns or trends in data
- Diagnoses problems in non-physical system/procedure
- Breaks down a procedure into logical steps
- Makes decisions after thorough evaluation
- Decides a course of action on own initiative
- Makes quick decisions under time pressure
- Makes judgments on cost, damages, disputes, etc.
- Experience managing procurement foresters
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.