SOMOS WESTROCK BILBAO (video link)
With operations around the world and expertise in every shopping category, we focus on working with brands to help them win across the board by providing an unbeatable portfolio of paper and packaging products. We're building unbeatable packaging solutions together. WestRock focuses daily on sustainability, safety, and inclusion as well as the values and behaviors that contribute to the success of our company.
Currently, at our manufacturing plant in Bilbao (Zamudio), we are looking for a Business Financial Analyst reporting to the site Finance Director.
Your core mission will be to provide financial hard-facts, analytics, estimations and recommendations needed by regional Business (Spain and France) to make sound decisions driving the further profitability of WestRock's business. This should be achieved through your participation in the budgeting process, cost estimates, monitoring and interpretation of financial results as well as the evaluation of potential investments.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Work closely with the Finance Director in Bilbao to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters.
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the Finance Director.
- Retrieve data and assist in the production of financial statements and spreadsheets with speed and accuracy.
- Review and audit financial statements and reports and ensure all calculations and data entries are correct.
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees or other stakeholders.
- Plan, organize and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the company’s monthly financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner.
- Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role.
- A certain level of flexibility regarding availability outside working hours is required.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with an emphasis in Finance or a related field.
- Excellent mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Excel spreadsheets.
- Familiarity with business principles and practices.
- Self motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines.
- Able to respond effectively to changing priorities.
- Good English language skills are a must. Good knowledge of French language is a plus.
What we Offer:
- A corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- A role in which you can prove and further develop your management and analytical skills
- International work environment and projects.
- A career path with one of the most prominent and successful companies in paper and paper packaging industry.
If this sounds great to you and you think you would fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!