WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
A/R Analyst-Winston-Salem, NC
5900 Grassy Creek Blvd
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, 27105
A/R Analyst - Winston-Salem, NC
The A/R Analyst position is responsible for researching and preparing high volume of invoicing for daily shipments reflected on Bill of Lading’s and miscellaneous of assigned customer accounts and ensure processing in accordance with the corporate policy.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Hold batch items that are not billable must be worked daily by researching and contacting appropriate internal personnel and/or external customers to obtain needed documentation and/or required information. Will be escalated according to established guidelines.
- Submit draft approvals and ensure they are received back within 48 hour timeframe and follow-up with appropriate PC’s when needed, escalated as required.
- Shipping Notification emails will be verified that loads should be pulled from invoice create or that billing has been done correctly according to any shipping correction.
- Credit/rebill documentation will be reviewed and verified before written up for management approval.
- Sales reporting and unbilled problems will be reported to management on a weekly basis in spreadsheet format.
- The month-end report of unbilled items will be prepared in accordance with the sales accrual guidelines. Journal entry form will be prepared and given to Manager for review/entry in JDE.
- Maintain procedure manual specific to each customer and to ensure adherence to SOX compliance and internal controls.
- Cross train with other AR ream members to provide backup as needed.
- Overtime to be worked as required, mandatory at month-end.
- Responsible for the overall Safety and cleanliness of equipment and area.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- High school diploma or GED minimum. Some college preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in Accounting preferred.
- Candidate must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment as needed and be able to prioritize, stay organized, multi-task and meet deadlines is a must.
- Targets and achieves results, sets and accomplishes challenging goals, prioritizes and manages tasks effectively, maintains an organized system to monitor progress, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets standards and responsibilities, may provide leadership/motivation.
- Clearly exchanges thoughts, ideas and messages through written, verbal and non-verbal methods that promote an understanding with the target audience. Creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers engaging presentations, shares information and ideas with others in a timely manner. Listens carefully and attentively.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. May require the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. May require the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.