About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Pricing Analyst - Richmond, VA
501 South 5th St
Richmond, Virginia, 23219-0501
The Beverage Pricing Analyst is responsible for the development of new and existing prices, improving pricing capabilities, and the communication of Pricing Activities.
How you will Impact Westrock
This is a critical role in the Beverage division that involves working with stakeholders across Beverage departments and WestRock consumer segments. The successful candidate will work closely with the commercial and finance teams to translate WestRock strategy and goals into competitive price offers.
- Development and Review of New and Existing Pricing
o Review business opportunity requests and costs provided to develop pricing recommendations that align with WestRock goals.
o Present pricing recommendations, expected financials, and customer approach strategy to leadership and commercial sales team.
o Develop and ensure timely implementation of pricing changes.
o Support contract negotiation, including price definition and give/gets.
- Improving Pricing Capabilities
o Gather and analyze information to improve pricing effectiveness.
o Develop insights around Beverage products, competition, and customers.
o Support organizational pricing strategy development.
- Communication of Pricing Activities.
o Document and distribute final pricing for Beverage accounts and products.
o Provide Ad-Hoc Analysis for commercial and supply chain leadership; serve as Pricing SME on assorted cross functional teams.
o Oversee pricing request system and response.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Information Systems, Marketing, or related field.
- Proficiency in computer skills, particularly with MS Excel and Access.
- Experience involving analysis, presentation, and teamwork.
- Working understanding of finance
- Is familiar with the packaging and paperboard industry.
- Understands converting processes.
- Has a strong work ethic complemented with a positive, self-starting attitude.
- Works to promote the team over self with a sense of energy, passion, and personal responsibility.
- Has strong organizational and communication skills.
- Uses good judgement around the subtleties of group dynamics and the impact of their words and actions.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans