WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Multi Packaging Solutions is a print-based specialty packaging business within WestRock that focuses on healthcare and high-end consumer markets, including confectionery, cosmetics, premium spirits and media packaging. This business provides its customers with an extensive array of premium folding cartons, inserts, labels and rigid packaging across a variety of substrates and finishes. For more information, visit www.westrock-mps.com.
To manage the provision of financial assessments and services at the Schonebeck site, to enable the company to plan
and monitor financial performance, ensuring the production and evaluation of accurate and timely information and the application of robust and effective internal controls.
- Responsibility for all matters pertaining to the Finance function of the Schonebeck Site.
- A key member of the Management team, working closely with the Operations Director and the rest of the management team in Schonebeck to drive the business forward by growing sales and improving operational processes to reduce costs and thereby improve returns and profitability. This involves regular attendance and contribution to the Production meetings and other Operational team meetings.
- Working closely with the Leaflets Cluster Senior Team, the FD, European Healthcare & Asia and the Corporate Finance teams in the UK & US.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely preparation of monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual financial information (e.g. P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Customer Profitability information) that meets the needs of the management team, the Company, State and Statutory bodies.
- Develop and interpret all aspects of job costing and ensure the timely production and evaluation of margin information by customer and job profile. Information should be brought to the Production team for analysis and introduction of corrective action where appropriate.
- Annual review and implementation of machine rates together with a monthly review of recoveries against those machine rates and the provision of timely information to management, where applicable for corrective action.
- Overseeing the AR and AP functions including the submission of VAT and Intrastat returns.
- Oversight of the payroll process and associated accounting entries.
- Responsibility for the integrity of stock balances and minimising the impact of aging stocks and stock losses.
- Management of the fixed assets system, ensuring the assets are safeguarded and that the correct processes and policies are adhered to for asset management including additions, disposals, transfers and depreciation. This also includes financial appraisal of potential capital investments to ensure that only profit generating projects are undertaken.
- Management and control of all the component parts of working capital requirements ensuring the maximisation of returns on surplus cash generated.
- Production and submission of monthly and annual income tax estimates and statements.
- Responsibility for the preparation of the annual Budgets and quarterly forecasts together with monthly review and analysis of any significant deviations. This includes review and interpretation of the sales/production plans and the translation of these plans into formal Budgets and business objectives. This also includes operational and capital expenditure Budgets.
- Preparation and submission of all statutory books in compliance with German requirements including liaising with the Auditors and Taxation advisors.
- Ensuring that accounting practices and policies are strictly adhered to and that internal controls, financial and operational are observed.
Educational and professional:
Graduate calibre Qualified accountant (CIMA /ACCA/ ACA equivalent)
At least 5 years post qualification experience.
Several years experience in a manufacturing/commercial environment, ideally batch manufacturing with multiple customers.
Awareness of costing and margin analysis
Exposure to PLC type reporting requirements.
Thorough understanding of internal controls and their implementation.
Ability to motivate and develop staff.
Experience of communicating at all levels.
Highly computer literate with advanced Excel modelling skills and presentation skills
Experience of consolidation processes and systems.
Numerical /Verbal reasoning skills at management norm (SHL)