WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Financial Analyst will work in the preparation and review of internal and external reporting, various analytics, forecasts and budgets. Key areas of focus include revenues, sales volumes, operating costs, and customer profitability in support of the Plant, Business Unit, Area, and Regional Leadership teams.
Additionally, will support the Finance Manager in general day to day support of three plant locations.
How you will impact WestRock:
General Business Support Analysis:
* Provide accurate and timely financial reporting and analysis, and support variances from budgets and forecasts from a business perspective.
* Provide data and reports supporting weekly forecast updates from a business perspective.
* Analyze trends in manufacturing, sales and other related areas to better understand and manage the business.
* Prepare ad hoc financial and business-related analysis and research as necessary, from and for an operations and business perspective.
* Maintain and support sales monthly customer attrition tracking report.
* Maintain price increase tracking as necessary and support the process for price increase planning within the Business Unit.
* Obtain a working knowledge of all available sales analytical tools.
Operations and Manufacturing Support:
* Provide analytical support for key manufacturing metrics including Performance Excellence, net waste, returns & allowances, machine performance, labor efficiency, capacity, headcount, safety, etc. Identify gaps and/or under-performance trends.
* Provide support for tracking identified opportunities to increase the efficiency of the converting equipment, and headcount reduction opportunities through the Manning Optimization process.
* Work with green belt leaders to track savings targets of Six Sigma projects. Collaborate with the Regional Manufacturing Manager and Six Sigma teams on kaizens and operational audits.
Accounting, Process, and Regulatory Support:
* Ensure Accounting processes and controls are implemented and followed.
* Field contact for corporate and hub accounting.
* Sarbanes-Oxley and WestRock policy and procedure compliance.
* Balance sheet, AR, AP, tax and other related inquires and requests.
* Assists in Inventory Reconciliation.
* Fixed Assets Audits.
* Internal and External Audit Support.
* Assist in resolution of remittance discrepancies.
* Contacts other departments and/or outside vendors/agencies to resolve A/P issues as needed.
Other Support / Responsibilities
* Build relationships with both internal and external customers.
* Become knowledgeable in various financial and operating systems in order to provide support and direction as the Business Unit requires.
* Implement and administer procedures and best practices related to business support analytics.
What you need to succeed:
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
* A minimum of 3+ years of relevant analysis experience
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong problem-solving skills, passion for improvement. Enjoy working in a team/collaborative environment
* Advanced skills in Excel
* Ability to work independently, balancing routine responsibilities with ad hoc requests
* Able to thrive in a growing and fast-paced environment
* Previous experience in manufacturing industry preferred but not required
* Must possess potential to advance to a leadership role
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled