About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Billing Manager - Norcross, GA
The North America Billing Team within the Accounting Operations Group is seeking a Billing Manager to oversee billing processes supporting the Corrugated Division of WestRock. This individual will supervise a team of 6-9 Billing team members and report to the Senior Manager, Accounting. This is a hands-on manager role. The ideal candidate will be closely involved with daily work flows of his or her team, as well as adjacent team processes. He or she will work closely with Internal Corporate Departments, Information Technologies Department and Business Unit plant personnel.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Supervise and execute the timely processing and distribution of daily invoicing for Mill Export.
- Support invoice processes for non-standard plants.
- Review team members to ensure compliance with invoice processes, quality and standards.
- Train, develop and support team members.
- Drive standardization and documentation of plant/mill invoice processes.
- Drive projects related to process improvement, efficiency, standardization control.
- Billing Hub lead for selected automation and/or system implementations.
- Manage reconciliation process.
- Ensure compliance with SOX processes and support audit requests as needed.
- Support the month-end close process and reporting.
- Be an active part of the recruiting and hiring efforts for the billing team.
- Support team members and resolve any personnel conflicts as needed.
- Support/manage integration of new sites/processes in Billing Hub.
- Assist with other areas and special projects as required.
What you need to succeed:
- Ability to supervise team processing, assess performance and address issues.
- Thorough understanding of the invoicing process and the related financial impacts.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and in person).
- Has initiative to take action, anticipate potential problems and address them early.
- Able to respond quickly to changing demands, processes and updated information.
- Excellent planning and organization skills. Being able to set priorities and schedule activities effectively to ensure timely completion.
- High ethical and performance standards for self and team.
- Performance demonstrates value for quality and constantly strives to do better.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 7 or more years of applicable experience (invoicing / revenue / general accounting)
- 3 or more years of experience managing or supervising a team.
- Demonstrate ability to lead a team and produce successful results
- Experience leading process and/or system improvement projects
- Experience with corporate ERP systems, preferably manufacturing systems
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Order entry systems / JD Edwards experience a plus
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans